free hit
counters
400 Interior / what did you get? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PAR

400 Interior / what did you get?

This thread is prompted by reading autocar summary review of the 400 where they complained about the interior. I bought my car with the leather pack and I have to say I do find it really nice place to be inside.

I looked at the Alcantara and was not much of a fan but why not.

Has anyone gone with the standard? is that the one that feels a bit short/to close to an exige?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I saw a standard interior a couple of weeks ago at Strattons and I thought it looked really nice! The new owners are on here, they may share some pics? 

@Simon Bateman

Yep, this is us......

We opted for the standard interior because being totally honest, we had reached our maximum spend that we were prepared to go to.

In truth the standard interior is great and if you don't want a red or tan interior then it's a good option.

In summary:

Ignoring the front seats......all areas including dash and door cards etc are full leather as they would be with the leather pack .  The rear seats are also full leather.

The only difference is that there are areas of technical fabric inserted to the side bolsters of the base and back sections of the seat and up to the headrest.  The centre base and back are full leather.

That's it really and also it's not contrasting stitching, but aside from the stitching and the technical fabric on the front seats, it's the same as the leather pack in reality.

Standard seats 1.jpg

Standard seats 2.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Simon. As I said, I think it looks ace and a significant saving too :thumbup:

That is what the full leather looks like. Silver double stitching is nice and overall feeling is grand.

IMG_8100_a-1.jpg

• Like 1

The 400 (and variants thereof) have a great interior. Simple, and focused. You couldn't be in any other product. 

I dont like alcantara but thats a personal preference.

The nav unit gets stick but it works fine, I guarantee in ten years the Evora will feel out of date whereas a 911 will feel a bit awkward. Anyone who has got in an E46 M3 with the original nav unit will know what I mean. As cars are now being overrun with tech, the Evora will be very easy to update, unlike other cars where everything is wired in.

• Like 1

On the subject of Sat Navs........we tend to drive without it visible but notice that it's continually bleeping with warning signs for just about every conceivable hazard.

I suppose when we are actually using the Nav it seems ok but otherwise it's quite annoying.

When we last used the Nav we turned off just the warning bleeps and then the lady seemed to stop talking to us.

Before we left home this morning we sat in the car and turned the sound off for the beeps/warnings and voice, but yet when we then turned the engine on it seemed to reset itself and started bleeping again.  We did manage to silence it again once we were on the move.

I could of course read the instruction disk but unfortunately I don't have a degree in quantum physics!!!

Simon, sorry I can't help, it's been a while since I had a 400 but if you post a new topic in here, more people are likely to see it and perhaps be able to help mate :)

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/198-interiorexteriorlightsglassalarmsicehvacother/

Thanks Bibs.  I've just had a go at a few menus and will see if it does the trick on the way home tonight!

• Like 1

Chinese or pizza? :lol:

Have a read of this too and it'll sound better aswell...

Thanks Bibs.  Will the set up guide be applicable in that I haven't got the upgraded AMP and rear speaker?

To be fair, your car being new should come with most of those settings but it's worth a whizz through to see if it helps and I think it will still apply, in part at least. 

I'll start by saying  love my 400... buuuut, I get what various reviewers are on about.

I can't fault the upholstery (alcantara here), but the rest of the things you touch aren't up to much IMO. The buttons, dials, vents, the plastic bit in the steering wheel and the door handles - none of it really feels like it belongs in an £80k+ car. I'm not going to get upset about it, but I'd be lying if I didn't on occasion wish some things felt a bit nicer, particularly the steering wheel insert and the interior door handles. I realise that these are compromises made for cost (and I'm sure Lotus would say weight), but I'd tick the option box and take the extra kilo to get actual metal in place of metal effect plastic in a few places.

(FWIW I think that there are parts of the 911 interior that are similarly out of place - Porsche might be a paragon of fit and finish, but that's not the same thing)

I'm not about to claim I'm comparing apples to apples here, but it feels gulfs apart from the likes of a 7-series or S-Class - I don't mean the big plush seats or wood finishes and the like because clearly they're not appropriate for an Evora, just in terms of how the bits you're supposed to touch feel - Climate control dial. window switches, starter button, door handles etc.

Edited by Mister_Tad