free hit
counters
Leaky Carb - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi folks, i have newly refurbished carbs but around the top there is a slight leak on both carbs, not enough to drip but a slight weep. The car is also running like a pig at the moment (S3 N/A). Popping and farting all over the place. The car is booked in next week at ATSpeed racing in Rayleigh to have the carbs looked at but im wondering if there is anything you guys may suggest could be the problem???

Many Thanks in advance

Brett 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Around the top?

Could it be that the floats are not shutting down the needle valves ?  When refurbishing my carbs , I used viton tipped needle valves.

Setting the correct float/fuel level of the carb is the first important step, before any other setting .

You can easilly check the fuel level  yourself. Have a look here: http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/1048-setting-dhla-dellorto-dellorto-float-fuel-level/

Geert

Edited by gvy

When they refurb'd the carbs did they REPLACE the floats????  If old, they may not be buoyant.

ISTR something quirky about available spares if they are new, will look it up if needed if I saved the info.  There are SO many subtleties about De'Lortos.

I've also seen broken float pivot pins on the top covers. :blush:

Thanks guys, that information above is really interesting. I shall be taking a look . Ill update you in due course. 

Many Thanks

Brett 

If you mean a slight fuel weep from the plastic covers on top of the jets, I have always had a very slight weep - enough to discolor the alloy and leave a residue - I can clean this off though. They were re-furbed just after I bought the car.

Can anyone set my mind at rest here, please? Attached pic is the SWLC OE service kit for the NA, but I appear to have a couple of spare bits: the single O ring and extra ally washer T the top left by the blanking gasket.

I suspect the ally washer has been doubled up, as there was already one on each needle jet, tbut the extra (third of one size) O ring has me baffled. All others matched as per layout.

have I missed one? TIA.

IMG_0612.JPG

^^...according to Ben @SWLC, there are often spare O rings once the rebuild is finished.

Cheers, Ben