free hit
counters
Bubbles in Paintwork - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I’ve just noticed a line of very small “bubbles” in the paintwork of my Evora..  They are on the roof just above the drivers door.  Picture attached below.

Anyone had similar or know what would cause this?  Can it be fixed and is it likely to get worse if left alone?  Car is 6 years old - is there any factory paint warranty for this length of time?

67B43018-3548-4B33-86C9-1F7038F486A7.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like standard micro blistering. Many Elises, ours included, have had the same issue I think caused by the fibreglass not being sufficiently dry before paint is applied. Don't try to 'bust' the bubbles, they tend to go away in the warmth (?) of the summer.

Sorry no idea if there is any warranty on newer cars.  

It's also called Osmosis.  If you keep your car garaged it will go away too.

Lotus warranty is 3 years on road cars and 8 years for chassis perforation.

Not seen that on an Evora before I don't think, I had it on both my Elise's however and one of my Esprits. 

I have one I think on my roof in about the same place and a couple on the front access panel. Mine are smaller but more sharply defined. They don't appear to have got any worse over the last 18 months since I noticed them, no idea whether they appeared during the first winter I had the car or if they were there when I bought a bit over 2 years ago I and didn't notice.

Cheers for the feedback all. Think I’ll just observe them and hope they do t get any worse.  Be great if they disappear in summer sun as the cars been parked in the heat all day today - will check it when get home but won’t get my hopes too high - think I’ll settle for it not getting any worse!

Perhaps take your car to your dealer and get a 'response' from them... perhaps it my produce a favourable answer...

I got this on my Elise after spilling water in the boot and it soaking into the fibre glass, so it can happen if there is water ingress under