free hit
counters
Metcalfe's Esprit live video later today - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
scotty435

Metcalfe's Esprit live video later today

Harry Metcalfe as just announced that he is showing a Iive video of his Esprit turbo later today, great bloke sure it's going to be great viewing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So they were all rubbish until he bought one! He wasn't even at that shoot at Hethel, it was Jethro who said that he wasn't an Esprit fan until he drove the selection of cars we provided for EVO that day and thrn he realised how epic they were. 

Nice video though, will certainly help people fall in love with Esprits. 😊

FYI - This is some of the testing and us having fun up there that day 😁

Great review - but who’s going to tell him his lovely low miles HC.......has got the wrong bonnet!😜

• Haha 1

What's the story there

@Bibs is it me or did you link to the Harry's Garage video?

2 hours ago, GTK said:

What's the story there

@Bibs is it me or did you link to the Harry's Garage video?

The HC model had a 2 slot bonnet whereas Harry’s car has the earlier Turbo bonnet. Normally I’d say well that’s just typical of Lotus but I’ve never seen another HC without a 2 slot bonnet. Should be like the one in the pic 

4AF88557-B182-4FB5-B75B-3F1D4A4B3127.jpeg

So if he says there was only one specified white over red, is that an earlier photo of Harry Metcalfe's car?

@stephenwhyte - some HCs had the earlier bonnet. This is from 1989.

y4mm1Chj1TZN3ZN6Szm7Byu45QGQDURy9NM3EjcL

First I knew - the one pictured looks to have red painted louvres too. Looks good in red and was an Esprit variant I oh so nearly bought 10 years ago. 

50 minutes ago, GTK said:

So if he says there was only one specified white over red, is that an earlier photo of Harry Metcalfe's car?

He means white over half leather red - the one I pictured is full leather 

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

So they were all rubbish until he bought one! He wasn't even at that shoot at Hethel, it was Jethro who said that he wasn't an Esprit fan until he drove the selection of cars we provided for EVO that day and that he realised how epic they were that day. 

Nice video though, will certainly help people fall in love with Esprits. 😊

FYI - This is some of the testing and us having fun up there that day 😁

https://youtu.be/8dYbYBP1ToU

As per George's comment - the vid of you testing and having fun looks awfully like HarryM talking about his HC. 🤔

😁

Fixed above and here you go again 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

the one pictured looks to have red painted louvres too. Looks good in red and was an Esprit variant I oh so nearly bought 10 years ago. 

y4mqQPHapkh4B1OfFqWEbAxxFwdmGx99CdwGDvbh

It is also the one that drove up the M1 to the first Club Lotus Donnington event with the front covered in cling film to protect it from the flies as it was entered in the concours :thumbup:

• Love 1

Absolutely brilliant review - I'm a massive Harry fan - great bloke and a real Petrolhead. Hope it does wonders for the Esprit's appeal.................

My HC Turbo has the 'early' Multi-hole bonnet - I think mine was January '87 car.

Is Harry's car Pat's old one? I'm sure his one was that spec - unless there was more than one White with 1/2 red leather. (and Pats car had polished rims I think).

• Like 1

Apart from a few very minor details, Harry's done yet another splendid job of presenting a great car.

Sublime, World class chassis, much better Integrated turbo than the germans, and far better chassis than a dancing donkey.

But we all knew that already, of course.

But there you go, for the rest of the World to know.

As usual, many thanks to Harry for being a propper driver and a propper story teller, soinga propper video which, I must truly admit, is in deep contrast to all the skid marks, the latest are the greatest only, the more expensive prive the better-videos that are so plentifull out there.

Well done Harry!

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nello said:

(and Pats car had polished rims I think).

Nice to see another Esprit with painted rims.

Really enjoyed the review .What a car .....I remember the story ref delorion story .i might be wrong but I think they would have been sold with the Vauxhall slant four .Read it somewhere ... Bit sad I know ......Mike

I really enjoyed it, a great review. My HC was registered in January 1987 and has 2 slot bonnet

IMG_20171104_171518741.jpg

Hi Stephen .Fine looking rare car ...Fab .....Mike

Wasn’t searching for this but while I was looking for something else I discovered this white HC Turbo Esprit with Red half leather interior.......seems like Harry’s isn’t one of one after all.

http://www.bramley.com/stock/details.asp?stockID=656

his certificate of provenance actually says the only one with the same colour/trim/options. The Clarion 950 is likely the differentiating factor as lots of cars had the sunroof and A/C

Any idea how much that one was up for  / went for Stephen?