free hit
counters
MY14 'Software Update' for non IPS Evora... - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pete757

MY14 'Software Update' for non IPS Evora...

Just had my car MY14 N/A manual Evora serviced... and the dealer suggested that they install the latest 'Software Update'...

Confused! I thought the update was aimed at IPS cars to improve the gearbox behaviour...

Any ideas about what else it would do... if anything!?

Cheers,

Pete. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Could be several types of update to the ECU.  I had one a year ago to stop the air-con shutting off if it detected the minutest bit of slip on the belt (IIRC) as it kept on throwing unnecessary errors.

Edited by Del Lardo

If you ever plan on getting your car mapped, I wouldn’t bother with the newer updates. They introduced encryption which makes it much harder to access the ECU maps. 

Mine was updated when the car was services in Nov last year. To be fair, I'm impressed that they're still updating software on my 8 year old car, I was pleased it was done :)

To the op, there are ecu updates and tcu updates, the latter being ips cars only.

Thanks for the replies. It's done now so I will have to wait and see!

Perhaps it's a new ECU map to give the N/A 300 BHP! 😉

:lol:

It is. Definitely it is :thumbsup:

just Sayin: last year the (than) neweset Software has been istalled on my MY 12 Evora S (various updates before...) and since that - for the first time within the 6 years of ownership - no "engine check" warning light appeared within the last year, maybe voodo, my by Chance maybe because of the new Software........as the engine check failures could mostly not related to a certain cause I guess this whole theme will remain unsolved......