free hit
counters
Some F**King Scroat - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

.... broke into my house last night.

Anyway, it looks like they were after pinching the car keys to the better halfs Audi which sits on the drive. Fortunatley they were in her handbag and they didn't get them. However, they did get one of my Lotus keys, which means me getting new locks all round. So the question is, will I need to change the alarm as its activated by the key?? Note these will be new keys, different serial no etc. Rang one dealer and he wasnt so sure?

cheers

Mark  

• Sad 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ouch, sorry to hear.

If you've got the Gemini alarm which you should have, you can use the key override to program 2 new keys and it'll also disable the old ones. The procedure is in your owners manual I believe.

Most, but not all, motor insurers provide cover you but you'll probably have an excess and it will be a claim against you.  

@BibsThanks bibs. How easy to change the door locks? does the trim have to come out or just via the little access panel in the door?

cheers

Mark

Sorry mate, no idea but it can't be that hard as Lotus only quote 40 mins to remove and refit. 

10_17medium.gif

Thanks , appreciated. Had a read of the Lotus service notes, looks like it all comes out through the red disk on the door. Ignition easy too. Its just the F**king ball ache.

Better half didn't put the alarm on, as I've just had a proper EN50131-1, Security Grade 2 alarm fitted to replace a 20 year old unit that failed. She was worried it might go off and wake the neighboursFFS!!! Well, that will teach me, just set the fekker remotely in future. Two sounders and a 127dB siren, enough to wake the dead.

Wont be claiming on the insurance, just not worth it. 

cheers

Mark

• Haha 2

Sorry to hear about this

Some good news. 

My better half found my spare key. Guess she was out of it when she discovered what had happened. She had put it away thank fek....

but have a shagged patio door and a very upset misses... flying home tomorrow.

thanks to all for the kind words and help.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

I used to wonder what these sort of people would feel like if this sort of thing happened to their parents etc. Then I thought, they probably wouldn't care, go and break into someone else's place as per their norm and replace whatever was taken from their parents.

Sorry to hear Mark.

@Mark030358

Sorry to hear this. Some [email protected](£heads did the same to mine before Xmas...

Cars ok apart from tearing the cover to the Lotus😤... They nicked two bikes and 30 year old Tamiya radio controlled car... weird ehh!! The violation of space is annoying. But hey ho it was all insured. At least your life and mine is better than those scumbags!

Ive upped my security by getting a new sectional door, alarming the garage and putting a Ring Spotlight Cam to catch the little shitheads next time... 

The camera thing is amazing tech for about £200.. pings your phone if they enter one of the coloured zones (you set them up, v easy). You can then talk to them through the camera or even trigger a built in alarm. All recorded so you can email the 1020 hd straight to the Police!

IMG_6418.PNG

• Like 1

Just ordered some cameras that work with the alarm (barn gate/ horse bolted) same thing, ping the phone etc. But your right, just scum....

thanks

Mark

Gutted. Nasty thing to happen. 

I second the camera setup. We have a Nest setup monitoring the whole house with notifications immediately if it sees a person. Had 4 of them a couple of years now. Can’t fault them, have more confidence in them than the monitored alarm we have.

Nice to be able to talk to delivery drivers too:

02EE9598-4927-4058-8D21-499DAAAAA377.png

I've got a motion activated Ring 2 doorbell. As soon as someone has walked up the drive they're already recorded and uploaded to cloud storage. I'd like to hope that any oiks (not that we have any here in a tiny village) would know they've been recorded as soon as they see it. 

Hi Mark,

Only just read your post, sorry to hear about it. Have you got your patio temporary secured yet? I can always pop round a lend a hand? My next door neighbour was broken into on Christmas Eve and I made theirs secure. Let me know and I've pop round as I only live in New Brighton.

Regards,

David Walters

@auRouge

The camera thing is amazing tech for about £200.. pings your phone if they enter one of the coloured zones (you set them up, v easy). You can then talk to them through the camera or even trigger a built in alarm. All recorded so you can email the 1020 hd straight to the Police!

interesting....what have you got?

@LF1

how easy is the 'nest' system?....

Im too am looking at getting something soon......

@theelanman So easy, literally a USB plug to power and add to WiFi Network. Uploads to the cloud for 10 days (£80/year for first camera, £40 for subsequent), instantly on the cloud. Super impressed with them and i am a bit of a gadget person, few last once the novelty runs out. The new 4k ones look good, but i worry about the bandwidth they use. Ours are the original Outdoor versions which are 1080p and more than enough.

@superdavelotus Hi Dave, thanks for the offer. Locksmith fixed as well as he can, so secure at the moment. I'll be home soon to take a better look and make a call.

cheers

Mark

I use Arlo Pro2 and it has saved me an insurance claim...

£6k of damage to the rear corner of my GTI (2 months old at time). Driver didn’t stop... even then tried to claim footage was unclear!

9122AD4D-99AC-4F87-9CA7-E0B0BCA3008A.jpeg

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, LF1 said:

Gutted. Nasty thing to happen. 

I second the camera setup. We have a Nest setup monitoring the whole house with notifications immediately if it sees a person. Had 4 of them a couple of years now. Can’t fault them, have more confidence in them than the monitored alarm we have.

Nice to be able to talk to delivery drivers too:

02EE9598-4927-4058-8D21-499DAAAAA377.png

hmmmm where is the Lotus?? 🤔

Safely garaged away.

I’ve got  these 2 and when they broke into my garage one night,  I got up and let them out. 

Someone got a shock 

92E218DD-5FCB-479B-B6E2-FBB14BBFCF44.jpeg

DA7F9D62-5850-4470-9AB6-7DFB82EAB39B.jpeg

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear about this Mark. Utter scum