free hit
counters
Hard Top Removal Tool Size - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all, I thought I would be able to find this out quite simply but I can't !

Can someone please confirm what size Torx bit I need to remove the hard top on a 2016 350 Sport. Are they security Torx fittings or normal ones ?

Many Thanks !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’ve got a 16 plate 350sport (picked up last Friday)😃 And mines a T40

hope that helps!

That's perfect thanks, does it have the security pin in the middle of the bolt or is it just a normal torx bolt ?

You need the ones that have the hole in the middle

s-l300.jpg

First Exige V6 had security torx (lump in the middle) & my current car has normal torx.

14 hours ago, 2GOOD said:

First Exige V6 had security torx (lump in the middle) & my current car has normal torx.

My first V6 and my current Cup both use the security torx 🤔

Actually just checked and you’re right, mine are the regular torx not like the ones I used to have on the Exige S

My first V6 was a Club Racer & now I’ve a Sport 350, must’ve been part of the weight saving program!

Well mine has both, regular for the covers, and security for the actual retaining brackets. Built a couple of weeks ago so presume factory just grab whatever’s at hand 

I have now a soft top. Honestly, it's a must have for the Exige. Ultimate weapon for road trip.

Do you have the guide to install/remove the hard top ?

I found the info in the service notes.

Each time a buy an Exige (except the s1) I’ve taken the roof and loved it for a summer evening, but after that I’ve hated it. I’ve always liked he idea more reality. Just adding it for balance but I’ve never got the point of spending on a soft top compared to taking the roof off once or twice a year

Soft top is a must for me.  If the sun is out, the roof is off.  

D2AC87E9-B459-423B-9620-B44B84B9E191.thumb.jpeg.bff54ecc61d0155b69e653aa90ba8130.jpeg

Roof  was off for the whole of an alps trip and it was epic.  I’m probably  biased though as love open type cars, such as Atom, XBOW, caterhams etc.  Makes you feel alive :)

11 hours ago, MrP_ said:

Each time a buy an Exige (except the s1) I’ve taken the roof and loved it for a summer evening, but after that I’ve hated it. I’ve always liked he idea more reality. Just adding it for balance but I’ve never got the point of spending on a soft top compared to taking the roof off once or twice a year

Thing is with the soft top you can quickly and easily take it off, put it on, and store it easily behind the seats. Quick and simple.

However, with the hardtop it is more of a ballache and you cannot easily store it when off the car and driving. So I actually get why people would want both - soft top for the summer, hardtop for the winter.

I enjoy driving my VX with the roof off - however, the sun can be a pain as it blinds you when just above the windscreen bar.  the sun can be a pain as if you are a baldy coot like me you NEED a hat on or SPF150 otherwise you will burn your bonce and it will look like a donkeys appendage. Having said that, feeling the wind, hearing the noise, feeling the heat of the sun on your legs, arms, shoulders etc. - all bloody good.  horses for courses really.

Horses for courses like you said, it’s nice to have the option like you said.

Personally open top makes more sense on cold clear mornings in the winter. Wife’s always had convertibles, if I’m driving first thing I do is put the lid up...