free hit
counters
The Elise is just brilliant - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PAR

The Elise is just brilliant

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I always found that after a drive in my S1, why would you ever need more power. The engine suits the car beautifully. 

• Like 1

I have the same feeling with the s2 R. It's a little bit heavier than s1, therefore extra hp, up to 190 is perfect. This car never needed a supercharger and 250 horses 😃

The 2ZZRGE motor and Elise chassis go together like peaches and cream. We won’t see 8500rpm again in an Elise sadly but when the naughty cam kicks in it’s like a leaf being blown forward by a gale. I’ve ownd faster cars since but none more fun than my Sportsracer.

Journos still bang on about the Sport 135, never driven one sadly but for whatever reason it seems to have eclipsed even the Sport 160.

My first Elise was a 135 R and was as much fun as my present 250 Cup.

Check this one out! 

https://paulmattysportscars.co.uk/lotus-elise-sport-135r/

• Like 1

135R was pretty much my favourite Elise variant. I never owned one, but would have if I could have found one in Yellow with the black alcantara.

That Matty one is amazing - mileage and price! Trouble is, you wouldn't want to use it which is a real shame :(

• Like 1

There is that. If its as good as they say, arguably even the best Elise of all, then £26k isn't too bad is it?

On the other hand you could put 7000 miles on it and it would still be under 10k miles! What might it be worth then? £24K?

• Like 1

Looks amazing, it's a shame it's never been used, but can totally understand the price with that mileage, need to get down to Paumattys he some amazing classic Lotus's.

5 minutes ago, The Pits said:

There is that. If its as good as they say, arguably even the best Elise of all, then £26k isn't too bad is it?

On the other hand you could put 7000 miles on it and it would still be under 10k miles! What might it be worth then? £24K?

Totally agree with you about 7000 and £24k, but with that sort of mileage, I get the feeling the new owner will be looking at the Odometer more than the speedo. Bit like low mileage S1s , special early S2s don't get the credit they deserve when it comes to valuation.

That's assuming prices don't rise while you're out having fun in a mint 135R. I can't see it being an expensive car for anyone, even at that asking price.

I'm sure that 7000 miles of memories would be worth more to me than whatever increase came from leaving it in the garage for a couple of years. Sadly though I suspect the new owner will just mothball it.

Seems like good value compared to some of the alternative Elises out there. Though I have to admit to a massive soft spot for the Sport 160. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s1/lotus-elise-sport-160/8553853

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s1/lotus-elise-s1-roadster------------------1998/8540591

• Like 1