free hit
counters
Oil Filter - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SAMike

Oil Filter

Does anyone know if Fram sells an oil filter for the V8 and what the number is. Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Fram does and I have it upstairs.  Napa sells one their Gold Filter 1068 is the number, also Mobil 1 sells one the MI-204 I believe.  I just cut open a Moobil 1 filter and it looked very sturdy to me.

I will try and look up the Fram nujmber for you.

Thanks Mark

I just had the front left oil cooler line blow off while out the other weekend.  I shut it down as soon as possible.  I had it towed home.  I saw what the issue was and fixed it and filled the moter with fresh oil.  Crossed my fingers and started it.  It sounded fine, so I put it in my garage on my lift.  I have a 4 post lift.  I ran some Motul brand motor flush thru it and drained out the brand new oil I just filled it with.  I always put a magnet on the oil filter of all my cars.  I was running the Mobil 1 brand MI- 204 filter.  I drained the oil and then cut open the filter.  I did not see any metal in the filetr or the oil.  I had a NAPA filter on the shelf a NAPA Gold 1068 and refilled the car with 15w50 Mobil One Synthetic and also a PTFE type additiove by Motul.  It was a hair raising experince and I think all is well, but the Mobil One Filter looked pretty stout to me.  Seemed very well built and heavy gauge internals also.  Mark

• Thanks 1

So the Mobil MI-204 will fit the Esprit with no fitment issues or leaks? As far as the Fram filter I used them in my first Esprit with no issues, but haven't seen the YouTube video. I guess I'm just trying to see if there are any better options other than the OEM filter. Thanks for the replies!

Mike

The Fram filter is Ph 3614 I think.  The Mobil 1 filter is good and available also the NAPA 1068 is readily availble.

Thanks Mark