free hit
counters
Paint colour - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi Guys. I have recently finally got my Esprit Turbo on the road after many many years of standing. It is currently black, not original colour and I now want to have it repainted back to its original colour. I believe it was red but not sure, or which red. I'm hopeful one of you can help me. On the bottom of the plate below the bonnet in the left side it has this number.  A075U1186.  Really appreciate any help. Thanks. Regards Kevin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Kevin, that's a part number me thinks.

However should you wish to upgrade to gold forum membership, you would be entitled to the certificate of provenance for your car from Lotus archives, the certificate contains the full build spec for your car including interior and exterior trim and paint colours and any optional extras and dates of manufacture and pre sale history. An important document for any Lotus to have. Regards Steve 

The paint number is a three digit alphnumeric code on that plate.

For example, A23 OR A50 are both Calypso Red.  There are other 'reds', like Toyota Red, Ruben Red, Jupiter Red, New Jupiter Red, Cherry red. 🖌️

Whew!

PS:  If your lower sills and valences are a contrasting color (as on my 1988 USA spec car) there is a second code on the plate, too! :cry:

Thanks guys found it. Calypso red.

Does anybody know which "black" is used for bumper, top of door frames etc. Thanks.