free hit
counters
430 Cup @ The Ring Today - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LF1

430 Cup @ The Ring Today

Great to see. Just putting together a video where it feature along with a GT430 for a couple of laps...

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

:no:no

Struggling to see any relevance to that video on this thread but I’m looking forward to hearing more about how the 430s went. Did you get some passenger rides Tom? Thoughts so far?

• Like 1

For me it's not all about lap times, it's about the feel in the palm of hands and seat of your pants, lotus give's you that in the bucket loads, Ring lap times are a bit farcical in this day and age.I am sure the  430 will post a great time, but what's more important a standard 220 Elise yes slower in most circumstances will be far more enjoyable do a lap of the Ring than 99% the of cars that lap the same circuit.

One of the things I’m looking forward to about my incoming 220, is having to pedal it properly. The 400 (and therefore the 4x0 cars as well) make it look easy.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 21:18, scotty435 said:

For me it's not all about lap times, it's about the feel in the palm of hands and seat of your pants, lotus give's you that in the bucket loads, Ring lap times are a bit farcical in this day and age.I am sure the  430 will post a great time, but what's more important a standard 220 Elise yes slower in most circumstances will be far more enjoyable do a lap of the Ring than 99% the of cars that lap the same circuit.

Scotty has literally just summarised why I bought a Lotus. Of all the cars I test drove at the time, it was by far the slowest (in a straight line / pub). However it gave me an excitement and a feel the others all lacked, and was still plenty fast enough - but gave me the thrills and sensations of a proper supercar, without the running costs etc....

Add to that the rarity, stunning good looks, practicality, it was a winning package.

When people ask me how fast my car is 0-60, I tell them if that's all that interests them, go buy a Golf R. That's just not what a Lotus is about.

Sadly, lap times DO mean a lot to some people, and it's a bit awkward to ignore it when Lotus' current focus with every model seems to be making them more track focused. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

When people ask me how fast my car is 0-60, I tell them if that's all that interests them, go buy a Golf R.

Evora 400 - 4.1 seconds

Golf R - 5.1 seconds.

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Evora 400 - 4.1 seconds

Golf R - 5.1 seconds.

:D

Golf R does it every time, Lotus will shit it's clutch.  IMO Lotus shouldn't sell a car with Launch Control. (I believe they've dropped it now?)

The Evora has never had launch control and to be fair, very few of them have clutch problems*. 

*Mainly because owners aren't interested in 0-60 sprints. 

Hilariously though, the Golf R does have epic problems with the clutch that rarely lasts more than 20,000 miles as they used the clutch from the lowered powered version and didn't beef it up for the R. I test drove one at a dealership for a neighbour recently which was slipping below that mileage and researched it at the time, it's very, very common.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=golf+r+slipping+clutch

• Like 1

The first thing Lotus advertises when they make a new car is the Heathel lap. So the argument "lap times do not matter" is false by definition.

I believe it would be good for Lotus and in general for the owners to see how fast these cars can go on the Nurburgring. With all respect for the beautiful videos of users (including myself) none of these cars is driver properly (including mine) and when it is (as komotech case) is heavily modified, so not a good reference.

Edited by Cristiano
  • Like 1

Hopefully someone at Sport Auto will risk his neck in an Exige Cup 430 for our entertainment soon. If the drive I had in one recently is anything to go by I think it will perform very well at the Nurburgring. Big power for the long straights, nimble and light for the fiddly bits, good aero for stability, monster brakes, chargecooled for consistent power over a long lap. It would need to be set up properly for the Ring though, 3 way dampers allow that but it requires someone who knows what they're doing. For sure Gavan Kershaw in a factory prepared car would get the best out of it but we have to make do with what we get. It might be the sort of place that the Evora GT430 actually has some advantages. Hopefully Sport Auto will take one of those round too. I'd be fascinated to see and read about how their laptimes compare.

On 14/05/2018 at 20:46, The Pits said:

Hopefully someone at Sport Auto will risk his neck in an Exige Cup 430 for our entertainment soon. If the drive I had in one recently is anything to go by I think it will perform very well at the Nurburgring. Big power for the long straights, nimble and light for the fiddly bits, good aero for stability, monster brakes, chargecooled for consistent power over a long lap. It would need to be set up properly for the Ring though, 3 way dampers allow that but it requires someone who knows what they're doing. For sure Gavan Kershaw in a factory prepared car would get the best out of it but we have to make do with what we get. It might be the sort of place that the Evora GT430 actually has some advantages. Hopefully Sport Auto will take one of those round too. I'd be fascinated to see and read about how their laptimes compare.

Sport Auto has been working closely with Komotec revently, so I guess they would let Daniel do the setup. Let's hope!

Otherwise I'm with all those who fear the Nordschleife in their precious cars. You really need to know the track very well to be fast and I know of very few  who didn't crash a few times on their way to bevoming a good and fast Ring driver.