free hit
counters
Evora S power drop at 5200rpm. Possible vvt not engaging? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jamma

Evora S power drop at 5200rpm. Possible vvt not engaging?

Hi guys,

First post here and im looking for some help with my Evora S. The car was put on a hub dyno which has shown up a drop in power at 5200rpm. The power drop is also noticeable when driving. Ive been told that the vvt should kick in at 5200rpm so I had the solenoids taken off and bench tested and they are working fine. No eml's are showing in the car either. Anyone hazard a guess as to what else I could look at before I book the car into Lotus?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi and welcome Jamie. This could be a number of things, one of which is that the car doesn't like 2 wheel dyno's and drops power, did you get any lights on the dash during the session? When I took a Sports Racer on the dyno when only saw 282bhp from a very new car and the TC and MIL illuminated due to the stationary front wheels but went out after 100 yards of road driving. 

That said, if you're feeling it when driving then there's perhaps a more serious issue and for that I'd be popping along to your dealer. It could be an issue with a sensor, the vvti, fuel pump, many things so I think they're the ones to diagnose this kind of issue.