Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GT430 Nürburgring VR Video - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

GT430 Nürburgring VR Video

LF1

Interesting (and very surprising) that the Evora S were lighter! I'll be putting the GT430 on a weigh bridge soon. It does feel light to push around in the garage though I will say that.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
On 28/04/2018 at 17:16, Snoopy1969 said:

Just sayin: sport auto measured the weight of the tested 400 at 1445 kg (fuel tank filled up max), their evora s tested were 1429 and 1432 kg, spec on the 400 was "full" sub woofer etc. and the 400 achieved 7.59 at the nürburgring, power measured at 417 PS

The weight numbers sound accurate to me and concur with my own tests. Power measurement sounds rather high but not impossibly so.

Lotus' claims of the 400 being lighter than an S are curious, to say the least.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

This was the circuit days day Tuesday? I was there in the Mexico Blue vx220. 410 was left safely tucked up at home but I did see the 430s and had a chat with one of the owners.

I think I'm with Jayemm here though on all these numbers the 400/410/430 in the grand scheme are the same car. The 430 is just my car with a 45k spoiler and some proper dampers which can easily be retrofitted. 

The speeds at which the aero is working won' bother most drivers and actually using the aero to push noticeably harder on the ring is the preserve of pro drivers.

My little vx (145bhp) did 9.05 and was in need of at least a splitter on the dottinger as it was a tad easy at 130! 

• Like 1

@jonnyboy, I did see your VX a couple of times, looked nice I thought. Think you must have spoken to Mark in the blue 430?.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2018 at 07:24, jonnyboy said:

This was the circuit days day Tuesday? I was there in the Mexico Blue vx220. 410 was left safely tucked up at home but I did see the 430s and had a chat with one of the owners.

I think I'm with Jayemm here though on all these numbers the 400/410/430 in the grand scheme are the same car. The 430 is just my car with a 45k spoiler and some proper dampers which can easily be retrofitted. 

The speeds at which the aero is working won' bother most drivers and actually using the aero to push noticeably harder on the ring is the preserve of pro drivers.

My little vx (145bhp) did 9.05 and was in need of at least a splitter on the dottinger as it was a tad easy at 130! 

Hi Jon,  you came up and said Hi, I was in the black exige v6 cup. Nice driving 9:05 with 145hp..