free hit
counters
Rear Window Carpet - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi folks, does anyone have a pattern or know where i can get one for the carpet that goes round the rear window in the Engine bay. I removed the old one hoping to use it as a pattern but it just fell apart. I dont know if they are different but its an 86 S3 N/A.....Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Brett 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris, I'm a carpetfitter /retailer by trade, Mrs V8 (aka Sharon)  is a leather machinist. There seemed to be a gap in the market for good quality replacement carpets for the Esprit, so we offered

Looks fantastic ...keep up the good work .....Mike

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Thanks Ian,

@Big Vern I have the S3 template, have the boot lining in stock in black and anthracite and can bind in leathercloth as per S3 or cotton webbing £30 plus postage.

Hi Steve, Thanks for getting back. My previous carpet round the window was a kind of dark grey with a light coloured webbing... im ok to go for black if needs be. Do you also stock the whole rear carpet set for future ref?

2 hours ago, Big Vern said:

Hi Steve, Thanks for getting back. My previous carpet round the window was a kind of dark grey with a light coloured webbing... im ok to go for black if needs be. Do you also stock the whole rear carpet set for future ref?

Dark grey would be the anthracite, and the webbing would probably have been dark grey too originally, it bleaches over the years .

I'll post up some photos later.

Steve

On 27/04/2018 at 20:21, cweeden said:

Hi Steve,

Are you a trimmer by trade or helpful enthusiast? 🙂

cheers

-Chris

Hi Chris, I'm a carpetfitter /retailer by trade, Mrs V8 (aka Sharon)  is a leather machinist. There seemed to be a gap in the market for good quality replacement carpets for the Esprit, so we offered our services, which have so far been well received. 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

What a great idea. I will probably be after a new black boot carpet for the V8 soon so I will give you a shout then. However it does mean I still need to find someone to repair the Alcantara on the drivers seat bolster. :-)

cheers

-Chris

7 hours ago, cweeden said:

What a great idea. I will probably be after a new black boot carpet for the V8 soon so I will give you a shout then. However it does mean I still need to find someone to repair the Alcantara on the drivers seat bolster. :-)

cheers

-Chris

No problem with the boot carpet Chris, but we'll stick to what we're good at, and leave the upholstery to the upholsterers.