free hit
counters
Classic Car Magazine - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Car Magazine

Hey guys

Classic Car magazine are running an article in the July issue entitled 'Battle of the Decades'. They have decided that the Esprit iconifies the 70's therefore need a 70's Esprit for pics.

The date is Weds 9th May and the location is close to Duxford, just SW of London. You need to be there from 9am and will be fed/watered/expenses covered but there is no fee to be paid. You will of course see your pride and joy in this excellent magazine too ;)

Please email me if you can make this if you would like to see your car typify 70's car design in a great mag :(

[email protected]

Thanks to Alan Morgan of Club Lotus for getting in touch about this :X

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorted :D

KenBaird_S1_08.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Can't wait to see the article! :D

I suspect, however, that (as with most articles of this type) the 1960s will win -- due primarily to the age and g-g-g-generation of the majority of classic car owners (...spending the majority of money).

I wonder what car will be used to signify the 1980s . . . Maserati BiTurbo? :D

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

hehe... maybe it's just my own age, but I always figured the Esprit an 80s car foremost :( Seeing it on James Bond perhaps, and Pretty Woman... (the early 90s still count as the 80s :D) Even though the wedge style was most in vogue in the 70s, it was most popular and utilized in the 80s... And the turbo has all those excessive 80s addons :D

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Can't wait to see the article! :(

I suspect, however, that (as with most articles of this type) the 1960s will win -- due primarily to the age and g-g-g-generation of the majority of classic car owners (...spending the majority of money).

I wonder what car will be used to signify the 1980s . . . Maserati BiTurbo? :thumbsup:

Totally agree Tony that 1960's will win. Usially any poll involving an E-type in usially comes out on top.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've always wanted one... Cause they're cheap! ;) And they don't look too bad... hell. They're more interesting than most things...

Audi Quattro would be another good candidate for the 80s...

When I think 70s I think Corvette, but I guess not in England :question:

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7