free hit
counters
New project - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
douchy77

New project

It’s Sid 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Or perhaps the Elvin Ravenscroft / Paul Matty hillclimb car?

PMSC_Esprit.jpg

• Like 2

Is it a relation of the original silver car with is it a clam shell that's opens up .Might be wrong .....Mike

19 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Is it a relation of the original silver car with is it a clam shell that's opens up .Might be wrong .....Mike

If it is it has totally different proportions to that prototype. Why isn't it mentioned in any of JW's books?

I think it must be an early car which has been converted for something like @frb suggested.

1972-lotus-esprit-complete-with-skis-in-

Another possible car that springs to my mind would be the Group 5 Jenvey Racing Esprit. I think it was "officially" supported by Lotus who reluctantly supported a bodyshell. Also had the pre-series rear light arrangement.

02-DSCN7941sc (1).jpg

TN_Dijon-1980-09-28-034.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, frb said:

Another possible car that springs to my mind would be the Group 5 Jenvey Racing Esprit. I think it was "officially" supported by Lotus who reluctantly supported a bodyshell. Also had the pre-series rear light arrangement.

02-DSCN7941sc (1).jpg

TN_Dijon-1980-09-28-034.jpg

Boom. We have a winner

Edited by douchy77
  • Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:07, douchy77 said:

Boom. We have a winner

Yay  :animier: !

Looks like you're pretty far into the resto. And the chassis is a real joy to look at!

• Like 1

would interest me but costs too much for the restoration.

"so what is this? looks a little like yours:  https://www.2dehands.be/autos/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-thundersaloon-gr-5-413284245.html 

is it the same kind of esprit or totally different? "

• Like 1

Fantastic car to own Leon,  Had that car as my screensaver for a while,  glad to see it has finally been given the love it deserves,  great lloking car and look forward to the finished pictures, are you leaving the paintwork clean or giving it racing decals :)

• Like 1

A

On 07/05/2018 at 14:37, lotus-62 said:

so what is this? looks a little like yours:  https://www.2dehands.be/autos/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-thundersaloon-gr-5-413284245.html 

is it the same kind of esprit or totally different? 

Similar I guess, the Jenvey car was essentially an Esprit front end, March F1/2 rear end. It too ran a Hewland FG400 like that car in the advert. The gearbox themselves are £20k if you can find one - so if that comes with the car then its worth buying just for that!

Any progress on the bodywork completion yet !  

Really looking forward to seeing this one finished and decaled up ! :thumbup:

Have you looked into what boots you are going to fit for the racing season as wide 15 " inch track tyres are pretty thin on the ground these days ? 

A

Wow, fantastic car and fantastic workmanship. Congrats 

Looks stunning, i may have to knick the front lourves idea for my front end, rather than the gt40 style,  Love the back end, reminds me of my black esprit that i sadly get no time to spanner on anymore :cry:

Fantastic colour, but was it not going to silver, what was the sudden change of heart ?  

Still looks stunning though, awersome build and craftsmanship and a true GT car :wub:

A