Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Potential Evora owner - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Potential Evora owner

Bomber133

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, Bomber133 said:

I did indeed - 2013 Evora S IPS in Carbon Grey with Venom Red leather with 27k on the clock. 

Given I’ll be using it as my daily driver for commuting the IPS made more sense than a manual. Auto for the daily commute, sport mode and paddles for the weekend country road blast. 

That won’t last. Drive mine in manual all the time. Also my daily. 

Congrats and enjoy. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Thanks all. Thanks to everyone who has offered advice and contributed.

Maybe I should have test drove more cars, but somehow after the second drive of the one I bought - it just seemed to be the right one.

Will try and post a couple of photos later.

@Giveitfish - Was the one that you were looking at the one at Bell & Colvill? If so, mine is a different one. So, the B&C one is still there - drive it and maybe buy it.

@Colin P - Will have to give the manual a proper try - too easy this morning to just leave it in "D" as traffic was heavy. The drive home will be longer than usual though - time for a country road detour.

The Carbon Grey does look superb. Nice. 😎

I see from your rear 3/4 bumper reflectopron shot that you appear to be the BFG? Evora's are even roomier than i thought.... 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That looks stunning. Business on the outside, party on the inside!

@Bomber133 I'd not seen that one listed anywhere if it's not Bell & Colville's. Would you mind letting me know where you found it and how much it was (by PM maybe?) to help me with my search?

To be fair, mine is going to be a 20k miles per year daily so I think I'm going to end up with a circa £30k NA car rather than a £40k S but your car is sex on wheels.

• Like 1

Super car that. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

2 hours ago, mik said:

The Carbon Grey does look superb. Nice. 😎

I see from your rear 3/4 bumper reflectopron shot that you appear to be the BFG? Evora's are even roomier than i thought.... 😁

Ha ha ... my mate was the photographer rather than myself. 

The guy that came on the test drive got stuck with the back seat - he's about 5 ft 6 and claimed he needed a hip replacement afterwards - some people have no sense of fun! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You'd need the Fire Brigade and a bloody big tin opener to get me out the back of an Evora. You'd all sense some fun seeing that....

Was often found out the back of the bike sheds when younger though...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

53 minutes ago, Giveitfish said:

That looks stunning. Business on the outside, party on the inside!

@Bomber133 I'd not seen that one listed anywhere if it's not Bell & Colville's. Would you mind letting me know where you found it and how much it was (by PM maybe?) to help me with my search?

To be fair, mine is going to be a 20k miles per year daily so I think I'm going to end up with a circa £30k NA car rather than a £40k S but your car is sex on wheels.

Have pm'd you

14 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You'd need the Fire Brigade and a bloody big tin opener to get me out the back of an Evora. You'd all sense some fun seeing that....

Perfect for those who fancy a roofless Evora ... 

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:52, C8RKH said:

I don't know how they do it but Aimee and the chaps @SilverSolverstone Lotus certainly know hot to shift Evora's...:lol:

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 07:07, Colin P said:

That won’t last. Drive mine in manual all the time. Also my daily. 

Congrats and enjoy. 

Auto in towns and manual everywhere else for me.

Bomber that is a nice one.  Enjoy.

That is a cracking car!! I'd be grateful to know where you found this as well, as I don't think that ones come up in my searches either.  I'm possibly going to postpone my purchase to next year now, but not sure yet!

@Techyd you need to get on the delaers "lists" and let them know you are serious and looking.

My 2010 NA was px'd and sold before i even picked up the new Evora!

• Like 1

Lovely colour combo.  Carbon grey would have been my second choice, and the red leather is icing on the cake.

@Techyd - worth taking your time, I first started looking in May 2016 and ended up buying over a year later.  Cars are rare so more often than not you may have to wait until the right car comes along.  You may regret it if you don't, its a lot of money to spend on a second choice otherwise.  Keep on eye on classifieds every night and also the "market watch" thread, that's where I found mine.

Thanks - I will be taking my time for sure, the funds aren’t cleared yet so not going to put myself on dealer lists until then, I’ll be test driving as many as I can as well.

Saw a truly stunning S in Solar yellow at the weekend, that’s my favourite colour 😊

I do like the ones with different colour interiors so red, oyster, not sure if they do it over hear but do like the tan interiors as well!

On 21/05/2018 at 22:40, C8RKH said:

Couldn't get out of there as well then😎

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong