free hit
counters
door quarter glass - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kelvin

door quarter glass

Hi all had to take the quarter glass out of the door frame to repair the frame what do you recommend to bond the glass back in with.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Tiger seal or sikaflex will do the job,

I'm about to start this job, there are some good instructions for what to use and how to go about it over on lotusexcel.net. If you buy some window channel strip from woolies you can cut a few one inch bits out and stick them in the channel for the quarter glass. This will keep the glass central and allow you to apply the sealant evenly at either side. If you buy about 2 meters this will allow you to replace the existing window channel rubber which may have went green like mine has.

Can you post a link to the window channel rubber. Didn't Woolies close years ago?

Its woolies trim shop, www.woolies-trim.co.uk, not to be confused with the old woolworths lol. The window channel rubber we have been using on the excels when replacing the door frames is window channel part number 317. Its about 2 meters per door. I dont know how similar the elite door frames are though or if it would work on them. I would imagine it should do the trick and at £3 per meter its worth a try as its not expensive.

Great thanks for that. As you say it's cheap enough to give it a go.