free hit
counters
Registrations beginning E666 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
NeilP

Registrations beginning E666

Hi,

I prevoiusly owned a Turbo Esprit, E666 TAH, an early Stevens Turbo in Yellow, apparently one of the show cars from Camel Racing sponsorship, the last time I saw it was on Ebay 2-3 Yrs ago and Cat C. So having seen this come up for sale with reg E666 HSG, I was wondering was there anything special about E666, or just a Reg assigned to a couple of Lotus Esprit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/183201512274?clk_rvr_id=1515825706132&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&testparam2=testvalue2_replaced&item=183201512274&testparam3=testvalue3&rmvSB=true

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Treble numbered numbers back then usually meant the car was a dealer demonstrator. Whether 666 was specific to Lotus only I couldn’t say but it would limit the number of cars registered as there are the area letters on the plate too.

Probably best if I don't comment on this post! 

For the record, I'm named after Saint Damien spiritual patron of leprosy and outcasts - much needed on this forum ;-). 

• Haha 1

P.S. For £27000 you think they would have put a matching set of plug leads on it?

Odd that or such a low mileage car the cam covers have been stripped of their red paint.

Still think it looks a lovely car though

1 hour ago, DaKa said:

P.S. For £27000 you think they would have put a matching set of plug leads on it?

ha ha i love post like this...  amazing how people spot and point out the tiniest of detail.....   top marks sir..

• Thanks 1

Its just random - A mate had a 666 plate on his Fiat Coupe. I did think I'd read once about DVLA not releasing any more 666 numbers but they probably saw the value in them.

My Dad had a 999 on an old Wolseley - only wish he'd kept it for the plate.

I thought the same on the HT leads and also the cam cover paint... also the old fuel pipes which are always a bit worrying? Looks good in black though!