free hit
counters
Engine Diagram And Wet Plugs - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pred247

Engine Diagram And Wet Plugs

Hi all,

Some time ago I mentioned that I had wet plugs. Well despite being heavily sealed I still seem to have wet plugs.

I fear the water may be leaking in from the head. Is this possible on the Esprit?

Does anyone have a link that would show the exact layout of the engine?

I'm having a real low day today! :D I was really looking forward to enjoying the first day of getting her back after a cambelt change. I really hope this is a quick fix problem.

Thanks all,

John

Edited by Predator

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

John,

The water may be leaking in where the leads enter the rocker cover. There should be a rubber block that the leads go through.

I had the same problem and it was one of these blocks that was damaged that was cousing the problem

cheers Andy

John,

The water may be leaking in where the leads enter the rocker cover. There should be a rubber block that the leads go through.

I had the same problem and it was one of these blocks that was damaged that was cousing the problem

cheers Andy

i have a spare set of cam covers with the evap hole in them $500(us) + shipping for the pair...

John,

cheers Andy

Hello mate,

That's exactly the problem. I was having a paranoid moment, because I had really sealed them up previously. But all is well.

It really is a poor design. I guess that's easy for us to say though.

I'm going to have a colour coded rubber strips inserted over the two grooves, that sit either side of the engine. They will sit nice and flush, so it will not be an eye saw.

I think that would be a simple solution, which does not involve messing around with the air vents.

If it works well, I will let you all know and post pics.

John