free hit
counters
Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410 - Page 7 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410

mycerbera

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I was convinced the wind forces generated would have pulled your Brains through your ears too at that speed, turning you into an empty vacuous shell (but then we'd have lost you to another brand....). Maybe you needed to be doing 175mph for that to happen though.... Please try harder/go faster next time :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Frankly speaking initially  I was attracted by the concept of the Exige 410, but after prices were on hand at mobile.de (110.000 € and more.....) I definitively turned away from that kind of lunatic pricing policy and impulsivly  ordered an Mazda MX 5 for the additional charge the Exige 410 would have cost me over the wonderful Exige 350.

I will pick up the MX5 next saturday and race my Exige 350 on the following monday in Spa with friends and I'am sure this is a perfect combination recommended to everybody who also owns a Exige Sport 350 and seriously considers an upgrade to an unscrupulous overpriced Exige 410 ....

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

12 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I have no idea how you came to mx5 being the answer. Overpriced slow hair dressers car if there ever was one.

GT86 isn't much better.

But at least you got a new toy!

Why not just go to KT if you wanted more fun? 

I have a Mk1 MX5 (a Eunos). I've had it for 8 years and 120,000 miles. It's great fun blasting around the B roads here on the Suffolk/Essex borders. Sure, it was a little out of puff at the top of some Alpine passes. But I used it for daily commutes for years and it barely missed a beat. They cost, what, £2-3000now. Mine was £900. I'm frankly amazed that everybody who enjoys driving doesn't have one. Having said that, I'm not sure I'd want the new one.

Not tried a GT86.

Saving up for the Exige...

I’m also not sure of how you go from from wanting a quicker Exige to buying an MX5, but I understand that if you think a 410 is overpriced then you can buy something else.

@suffolk009 Ive had a GT86 myself. It’s a nice handling car but has to be really revved, and the brakes in stock form are also pathetic. The engine also had a ‘torque dip’ around 2.5-3.5k rpm which was really frustrating because is the ‘just when I want some power’ area for daily driving.

Another suffefer then! I too have a GT86 ( as a company car )

Gotta rev the nuts off it and tbh it really doesn't like it or is that me?

The torque dip is the most frustrating thing! Used to almost double the torque in my 370 hahaha.

I would've put the money towards an upgrade for my Exige, but glad @Wilbert Camshaftcan enjoy the MX5 nonetheless

@RoflOnMyWaffle yes I suffered. Then I supercharged and got an AP brake kit, which reduced the suffering greatly. But then I got rid of it and got a lovely Exige V6 and there was no more suffering, only joy!

I think I’m being a bit harsh on the 86 there, tbh it is a great car in supercharged form. Buying a second hand supercharged one is a cheap way of getting a fast, practical, nice handling daily driver.

Anyway..... going back to why @Wilbert Camshaft has just spent 26k on an MX5: I think the 410 is amazingly desirable but I just think there must have been a way to get 10k off the cost. How much performance do you really get from the minor weight savings that cost so much? The formula should be 410 of charge cooled horse power in the standard Exige S3 body and good brakes.....nothing else needed.

A contradiction....

An unending procession of Lotus model derivatives has become a source of amusement around here, but the Sport 410 is the 'ultimate' series-three Exige - and this time Lotus promises it means that literally.

As far as the line-up goes, this car displaces the Sport 380 and as such sits between the 'base' Sport 350 and the heroically uncompromised Cup 430 track tool.

...and then go on to call it a Sport 430. That said, if anyone read the Alpine A110 'review' on there from yesterday, it's no wonder their writers can't keep up with what they're trying to put on paper.

1 hour ago, alexthewheelman said:

Don't understand how they think it's the ultimate variant? Sounds like a load of marketing BS or journalists getting confused

It is Lotus BS marketing, just read the presentation of the car. How ridiculously expensive are those carbon options ... I wonder what is new about the clutch ? 

Edited by chumaxa

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, chumaxa said:

It is Lotus BS marketing, just read the presentation of the car. How ridiculously expensive are those carbon options ... I wonder what is new about the clutch ? 

@chumaxa nowhere near as ridiculously expensive as the McLaren carbon options!

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/buy-bmw-m3-price-mclaren-720s-carbon-options/131470

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, SFO said:

From the Autocar article:

"Lotus says this car will "bury" the forthcoming Porsche Cayman GT4. And for sheer immersion, perhaps it will."

Very bold statement especially since the gt4 is not even out yet. The new 410 and 430 must be a major step up over previous models. 

EVO SAY...

Lotus Exige Sport 410 – Verdict:

Mixing the performance of the Cup 430 with the usability of the Sport 350, the new Sport 410 is the pick of the Exige line-up

Evo Rating: 5 star

Price:
£85,600

For
Steering, chassis, performance, immersive driving experience like few others

Against
Expensive compared to rival"

DEFINITELY 😔

Maybe it's just me, I agree with the performance of the 430 cup, but how does it have the usability of a 350. I would think all the exige range have the same usability. 

What's more interesting is the the 430 cup never got the option of the bargeboards but the 410 brought them back. So far all photos of the 410 have been without. 

• Like 1

I believe the idea, that got lost in translation is that the 410 the 'ultimate' road going Exige. They are simultaneously trying to re-assert the Cup 430's track credentials as the 'ultimate' track Exige. Notwithstanding of course that any serious go at an ultimate track Exige would be able to pass more noise tests at more circuits.

Quite agree though that a 350 isn't really any more 'useable' than a Cup 430. Back when Cup cars were designed and built by the Motorsport department, compared to the V6S at the time they had no sound deadening, much firmer suspension and more aggressive geo. There was more of a difference, the V6S was definitely more supple and refined on the road but arguably a bit too soft for the track. Now though the difference is harder to see. Especially when the 410 and 430 use the same 3-way Nitrons, presumably with the same spring rates too.

There is talk in the article of a broader spread of power and more friendly set up, perhaps this is what they are referring to by 'useable'? We know that the Evora GT410 has a different ecu map to the wild original Evora Sport 410 and that they have ironed out the power step for a more linear sweep round the tacho. Sounds to me like the Exige 410 has carried this over.

I'm sure it will be a barnstormer of a car but I can't see why anyone wouldn't go in for a penny, in for a pound and get the 430. Not much in it between a high spec 410 and a low spec 430. Not that there is such a thing. Beyond airbag deletion and harness bar and air con the only thing to add much to the 430's sticker price is paint.

• Like 1