free hit
counters
Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410 - Page 8 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410

mycerbera

@The Pits I agree with you about the lost in translation part. Perhaps the "usability" part is the broader more flat power band of the 410 over the 430 as you mentioned.

The 430 is definitely the one to go for if you plan to tick some optional equipment as the price creeps up to 430 category (where a lot of the options are standard).

Both are good variants in their own way.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I just figure that anyone after an Exige is after something raw, intense and focused and anyone with deep enough pockets to spec some options on a new Sport 410 could also stretch to a Cup 430.

We'll see, maybe some just have a limit as to what they're prepared to pay for an Exige. £100k is still quite a major psychological barrier, particularly for a small trackday car.

I can't imagine the circumstances that would make me choose a 410 over a 430 but I guess its possible to prefer the looks of the 410. I'd definitely go for 430. Absolute beast of a car!  

thats because you live in Scotland. down here we could probably buy 4 410`s for the cost of our house.😈

What exactly are j hook brakes?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, pete said:

thats because you live in Scotland. down here we could probably buy 4 410`s for the cost of our house.😈

True. But who is the fool?

The guy who lives to play or the guy who lives to feed the mortgage  😈😈

I get paid the same as my colleagues who work in the South with much lower costs of living and empty roads to drive and drive.

Suits me Sir.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

not saying thats what we paid,would love to live in scotland but is good to just visit for us.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Review in the telegraph this morning: Lotus Exige Sport 410 review: if there’s a fault, we can’t find it

Behind their paywall unfortunately.

I'd like to discuss why there's no Hethel laptime yet.

Too close to the Cup 430? Or too far away? A hard one to get right.

430 needs at least a clear second over it I'd say.

Autocar gave it 4 stars out of 5.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lotus/exige/103501/new-lotus-exige-sport-410-review

Or did Lotus forget to colour the stars in.😉

Edited by PaulLF1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaulLF1 said:

Autocar gave it 4 stars out of 5.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lotus/exige/103501/new-lotus-exige-sport-410-review

Or did Lotus forget to colour the stars in.😉

You've linked to the Autoexpress 4/5 review, of which the Lotus material doesn't reference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/05/2018 at 12:06, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I've never seen a 350 sport roadster with the wing or splitter, were they optional? I agree though, it was a stupid decision cause nobody is gonna do 140+MPH without a roof anyways, surely??

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-350-roadster-new/6497718

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-350-2016/7856130

ahem ... i know at least one who did over 140+ MPH without a roof 😀.

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, scotty435 said:

The Porsche won.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!