free hit
counters
The Shifter Is Tilted To The Far Right. Anyone? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The Shifter Is Tilted To The Far Right. Anyone?

Hi guys, I have a same problem that happened in my old Elise, the shifter sits at the far right when it is at neutral. And it would rub the leather boot when it engages the 5th gear. Anyone shares the same situation? Is there possible way, maybe adjusting the cable length via mounting nut could put it back to sitting straight?

Thanks,

Frank 

WeChat Image_20180505200346.jpg

mmexport1522602626537-01.jpeg

Edited by El-RGB

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Du no about modern boxes, but on my old Elan(s) the stick should centre on 3rd/4th rail. Usually there are springs that facilitate this. On my modern one I just give it the garage, sorry but best I ca

Posted Images

Seems like a quiet thread. In case anyone run into the same problem, here are what I have got so far from another knowledgeable fellow, Glen:

"there’s a little wire spring in the socket that retains it on the ball, so it should pry off without too much force. Use a thin open end wrench or a pair of flat screwdriver blades on each side of the ball to pry. 

As far as the ball stud, after you remove the locknut, you may find the stud is also threaded into the tab on the shifter, so try unscrewing the ball stud. Of course, that won’t be necessary if you can just pop the socket off.

Before you pull the socket off the stud, loosen the jam nut on the shift cable socket. Then pull the socket off and screw it in to reduce the cable length (and lean the shifter back). Re-attach the socket to the shifter and then snug up the jam nut."

I'll try it some day and see how it goes.

Frank

shifter nuts.png

Du no about modern boxes, but on my old Elan(s) the stick should centre on 3rd/4th rail. Usually there are springs that facilitate this. On my modern one I just give it the garage, sorry but best I can do.

Try the playground for these kind of questions there are some good guys on there... 😎

S E L O C.... ignore the spaces join all the letters and google the web site, it’s a rivalry thing... for sure there is more technical knowledge on there. Sorry, but that seems true 😩😩😩😩😩

• Confused 1