free hit
counters
Stolen S1 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Stolen S1

Paul Coleman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

HI Paul,

I hope you get back what's yours, but did it go missing shortly after moving it to a different location in 2016 or has it gone missing more recently?

It's not my car. I just re-posted it in case somebody gets offered a very cheap S1 or some cheap parts...

• Thanks 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

No just thought it would be useful to quote here as a way to identify the car in question as the poster on carandclassic has missed it off. This in itself seems a bit odd, almost as if they didn’t know the rest of it which they should if they have the V5

• Like 1

For some reason I’m sure this is that car, it’s the number plate that stands out to me UNO 534R ( the UNO bit) I saw it driving down Putney Bridge road a month or so ago. I know the car in the stolen add looks like it needs plenty of work, but he has had it storage so long, does he know actually how long ago it might have been sold. Might be an argument over storage fees. 

• Gold FFM

Someone’s misrepresenting something.

an argument over storage fees or such like would indeed make it a civil matter as per that posting. It’s all very strange frankly

Only here once

No MOT or Tax on the car, I think the DVLA will tell you the current owner if you were a previous owner.

they also advise you when they are told you have sold the car-of course if you forget to update address details this can go wrong.

Certainly not all the information is posted on the advert, but that's perhaps not suprising. All he needs to know is where the car is, not give us all his life story.

• 2 weeks later...

, and I have been looking but not yet found it at all it was my project car and waiting for my wedding but I wonder who has or where is it .....registration UNO 354R. 1977 S1, white and grey primer with factory black leather, wolf race alloys, and the front windscreen is cracked well it needs replacing...IT IS AN PROJECT CAR...CAL 07462 950437 NORTH LONDON, I  am well aware that someone has changed my log book V5 and DVLA won't tell me who the new owner is, and I filled in a form V888 which gives clear indication that with a postal order there DVLA would tell you who the new owner is but there didn't help..

The POLICE, on the other hand, said it was a civil matter WELL THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.....NOW I WILL HAVE TO DO MY OWN HOMEWORK AND TRY TO FIND IT.....IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING OR CAN HELP IN ANY WAY PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL ME THANK YOU....cAL MOBILE 07462 950437

20140419_090350.jpg

20140419_072134.jpg

20140419_091851.jpg

20140418_173815.jpg

Edited by cal
adding some photos

I don’t understand, if someone stole your car that’s not a civil matter, it’s theft. Where was the car when it was stolen, what were the circumstances of the theft so far as you can tell?

Might be handy to know when those photos were taken too, are they recent?

All the best in recovering your car. Guessing it wasn’t insured???

It has a changed log book and the police say it is a civil matter,is there something you haven't told us

hindsight: the science that is never wrong