Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Thought I'd start a thread on this as we all love a bit of attention ;) ...

I was driving through a Berskhire village last week and stopped outside a school to make a call. As I was waiting for the call to connect I noticed a guy walk out from the pavement on my left, quite close to the front of my car. TBH he looked a bit shifty. He then walked up to my window and sort of hung about in the road. I wound the window down and he said 'Excuse me, can I take a picture of your car please?'. 'Err, ok' I said and sat slightly embarrassed on the phone whilst he took a load of pics.

About 30 seconds later 'half' the local school came out and I had about 20 'thumbs up' from the boys.

I felt I'd been enough of an 'attention seeking whore' by that time and so drove off :P

Lots of other instance but over to you...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've got my share of thumbs up from the boys, but I've also noticed that the Evora actually gets more attention from girls than boys.

And I certainly have nothing against a thumbs up from them (at my age that is becoming all too rare  :huh: ).

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

So you were parked outside a school while the weird bloke you were with took pictures as the kids came out....? You want to be careful doing that kind of thing ;)

I remember getting stuck in traffic in a small town near Leeds on the day I picked my Evora up from JCT. It gave me a chance to admire my new car reflected in the shop windows. I also had so many people stop to look and take photos. The funniest was a toddler who threw a tantrum when his dad tried to drag him away from looking!

I'd also agree that the "what a lovely car" comments are often from women.

I got more attention in the Evoras that my Esprit to be honest, I think I noted it in one of the long term updates. I'm not sure if it was because of the uniqueness of the car, or the rarity but it was overwhelmingly positive.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm always amazed by the reaction to the Evora. It's very rare to go out and not get filmed or photographed. A boy at my daughters school had it as his desktop - he didn't believe her till he realised the number plate was the start of her surname.

Aside from the occasional white van out to 'prove a point' it's been great... people like the car, I often get favourable comments when filling up, no one knows what it is though! My youngest daughter's going through a phase of not wanting to stick out on the school run though... maybe I should buy a white van?  :smoke:

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

I remember my visit in Maranello, when I put the Evora just in front of the main entrance (due to no parking space)... it was really funny. People liked it but it was the wrong producer, so they did not know how to react. 

Aside from the toothless trucker who resented my having the car, nothing but positive comments. I think there's something fundamentally friendly about the car's lines in a way that makes it far less off-putting (and by extension the driver) than a Ferrari or Lambo. Kids in particular seem to respond to it, perhaps of the mouth. Curvy, sexy cars, with a smile that still look like they can eat your face off? 

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Went to collect my friends kids from school at his request yesterday. We sat in the carpark whilst all the kids came out and his son didn't see us as he was busy chatting. I gave the engine a few (awesome) blips of the throttle. Everyone looked around and their faces.... :w00t: He went nuts, his friends went nuts, etc... :thumbsup:

• Gold FFM

It's got to be one of the only cars in the world that attracts a lot of attention without attracting the wrong attention.

I've actually had "white van" drivers give it the thumbs up and nod of approval! Weird, if I had been in a Fez or Porker they'd probably tried to provoke a reaction..

Guess because it's a thoroughbred underdog! Rare, British and unknown???!

I certainly didn't buy this car because I was worried about image, tbh most of my mates thought I was a nutter as the money could have bought something far more recognised and obvious..

The image and feel good factor is just another reason why I still can't believe we see more Evora's out there...

Love Lotus, love the Evora :-)

• Like 2

I'm with Au Rouge 100%  Previous Porker S hardly ever had any admiring glances yet it was factory fit aero parts and equally red yet all my Evoras have attracted nothing but positive attention from both sexes although I have to admit the Aquamarine ones had more female positive comments and even where they opened the conversation which is almost unknown in my car experience at least.

Certainly never have problems getting let out into traffic.  I know Craig service manager at MMC has a daily commute in busy Edinburgh traffic that requires being let out and of the wide range of exotic toys he drives Lotuses never have any problem yet AM & others do.  It is something you don't notice until you haven't got it!

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Completed a 500km Autobahn Trip for Christmas yesterday. The passing credentials of the Evora is incredible, almost everyone will pull over to make room. I'd estimate the time saved just through that alone at 15 minutes on a 4 hour trip.

BTW you can easily recognize the passing credential through the difference between driving by day or by night. At night when others see only your headlamps they just won't move over.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 2 weeks later...

We've only owned ours a couple of months and I've only driven it a hundred-odd miles, so I'm not yet in a position to give an answer to the OP yet.

However, the other day I was pottering about doing a household chore, which required fetching something out of the garage. I opened the garage door and was genuinely shocked to see the rump of this supercar sitting where my Passat used to be! I'd momentarily forgotten all about it!

• Like 1

other day I was pottering about doing a household chore, which required fetching something out of the garage. I opened the garage door and was genuinely shocked to see the rump of this supercar sitting where my Passat used to be! I'd momentarily forgotten all about it!

This is shameful, you really should be stripped of your Evora ownership!  Most owners would be looking for excuses to go out to the garage specifically so they can gaze at their cars again.  Whatever is the world coming to. :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So many people seem to have no idea what it actually is.  I have a sports racer in nightfall blue, and the "Lotus" and "Evora" are in black so not easy to see.  I have come back to the car, to see people crouched down trying to read it!!

Definitely something for Lotus to address if they wish to sell more - even when you tell people what it is, they haven't heard of Evora.  So despite COTY in 2009, they need to raise it's profile.

I have had mine for near six months and have seen only one other on the road during this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Not many... People initially thought it is a Kit Car... Then there are some who ask.. Also now we have a dealer in UAE ...so slowly people are getting to recognize the Brand.. But till then Even Some Ferrari owners approached me ... :P

parked mine outside a cafe in London this morning and 50% of people stopped and took a second look.

They do look epic in the flesh.

Followed another Evora on the way home form work and to start with I did not recongnise it, thought it was the new Alfa (it was dark). Again the other car looked great on the move.

C43

• 2 weeks later...

It occurs to me that we don't enjoy our cars as much as we could by just driving them. Seeing one on the move is just as pleasurable. I once asked my wife to drive it and followed her with one of my other cars. It was almost as fun as driving it myself !