free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 10 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. First post on TLF and wanted to share a very positive week that I had during a road trip to Ireland last week in my Launch Edition Evora. Firstly, on the way to the port we stopped o

I parked the Evora up on Sunday for a leg stretch in a German Autobahn Service station for 15 mins. A chap arrived 2 mins after me in his Porsche (And a very nice one Identical to picture) and parked

Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum (any forum, come to that!). Have had a S2 Esprit for about 5 years and own other brand classics, but recently bought my Evora GT410 Sport - the only one in NZ I'm told.

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Love the flags and names in the rear quarter light and Steve McQueen at the back must have "told" those Porkers exactly what you thought of them  :)

Really nice post...

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

So - I live in a hotel Monday-Thursday, and so there's always a surplus of those who haven't seen an Evora before...

Cue the 10 young women, all around 20 to 22 years old, walking to the reception of the hotel (old English manor house). As I walked out from checking in, the girls commented on the car that was parked in prime spot outside the front (being a regular has its perks!) to which I overheard comments of 'Oh wow, now that is a nice car' and so on. Unbeknownst to them, I was infact the owner. 

Naturally I approached the car, don'd the sunglasses from the das, and proceeded to drive to my room (designated space too, mwha). 

With the window down, I thanked the girls for the nice comments, as I drove off with the nice and gurgling 2bular (with the valve on noisy...)

Giggles all around. 

I do hope they were giggles for good reasons.....

• Like 1

Pulled up at a junction recently, and a lad on his bike gestured to me that i have tiny penis.

I shouted 'your mum promised she wouldn't tell anyone!'. -This felt like a good response except it kind of confirms his comment :huh: .

• Like 2

Valet parking in Stockholm this weekend. No issues when arriving, just an excuse that he had to drive around the block (fair enough since it was a one way road). But it took a long time to get the car brought back on Monday morning. Turned out that the first straff member that was sent down in the garage didn't dare driving the car! So the lady at the reception desk had to went and get it. When she eventually managed to get the car out on the street she was just gasped "what a car, it's just whow".

.......The only disappointment for me was that I didn't see another Evora down there...

I know "Stickering up" is not everyone's thing and someone will probably flame me for this, but...

Eddie King was there with his Evora - it too was all stickered up! No doubt Eddie will post some pics in due course.

• Like 1

Mike S

Great Le Mans story and pics. It's one thing to have someone in the street say "nice car" but much more satisfying when fellow petrolheads acknowledge what a great car it is.

• Like 2

Bath Motoring Festival, which ran this weekend just past, asked owners of 'Super/Dream Cars' if they would be prepared to make their Cars available for Dream Car rides.

People made a donation to the Event's Charity, and they were taken for a 15-20 minute drive in their car of choice.

So I took Ethel along for the Sunday.

Fantastic response from everyone at the show,  the DB6 made the biggest hit, not surprisingly, but the Evora ran it a close second. I was taking people out pretty much solidly for 3-4 hours and when she wasn't on the road the car was surrounded by people admiring and asking questions about her.

Feedback was pretty much universally, "Looks amazing", "Sounds amazing", " A Dream Car" and "I want it, for Christmas/Birthday /Now etc".

A really good day, think over £1,000 raised for a good charity through the rides and a lot of fun had.

If you are in the Bath/Bristol area next year would really recommend this Festival, nice atmosphere and a massive range of Classic cars, I think there were over 500 different cars at the show. Needed more Lotuses though. :-)

Tris...

• Like 2

Sounds good Tris.  Mrs E has relatives near Bristol so we don't need much excuse to be down there - she'll let me do car stuff while she catches up with them or visits Bristol or Bath.  When you know the date for next year why not post info in Events and try to get a TLF gang along? :)

it is amazing at how many people look, stare and then say wow whats that......

I find it pretty much constant where ever I go..........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Went to SELOC meet tonight. Went out to takes some photos of all the Loti, mostly Elises.

Two well to do blokes stood next the Evora, went to grab my camera from the boot.

Got an appreciative nod.

Made me smile.

Well, I doubt the driver will ever read this, but...

Given how infrequently I see other Evoras, my usual reaction to seeing one is to wave. I did this just now on the A14 outside Newmarket, but it wasn't until just before we passed outside-lane to outside-lane that I realised that the other Evora was a mule in full camo! That said, I reckon Carbon Grey blends into the tarmac far better than all those black and white swirls :D

You'd think he'd rip that front splitter off being that low... Albeit I love that it looks like a load of letters. 

• Like 1

Well, I doubt the driver will ever read this, but...

Given how infrequently I see other Evoras, my usual reaction to seeing one is to wave. I did this just now on the A14 outside Newmarket, but it wasn't until just before we passed outside-lane to outside-lane that I realised that the other Evora was a mule in full camo! That said, I reckon Carbon Grey blends into the tarmac far better than all those black and white swirls :D

That was JMG driving it down to the Festival of Speed! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

my reaction to my own Evora.......'OMG.....phwoar'

before I go on..I'll explain.......

I let my Mrs drive it the other day.......we were out on a classic car run and had spent all day in the '67 Elan

a load of the Lotus owners who attended the run knew I had the Evora and asked where it was and why Id not come in that....

anyway as the finish of the event was only 5mins from my house I thought we could collect the Evora and bring that down too for them to see.....so on the way back we stopped off and picked up the Evora.......I was in the Elan and the wife in the Evora....

I was in front....and spent the whole journey looking in my rear view mirror...or watching the pedestrians......

I looking in the mirror and went 'phwoar'......then watched the pedestrians look at me in the elan with a tickle of a grin....followed by a huge beaming grin and a wow when they spotted the Evora behind me......

brilliant.......

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I know the Evora already catches a lot of attention, but the GTE is incredible.

Its sometimes like being Johnny Wadd and walking naked through town.  :help: 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Dropped my son off at his prom tonight with two mates (yes 4 up in the Evora) as I left one of the boys standing watching said 'I'm not a great fan of Lotus but that looks F**king awesome!' - As a reward I engaged 'sport' to open the exhaust valve and gave it the beans as I pulled away.

I have drove past kids and heard this shout on a few occasions ' LOOK AT THT LAMBORHINI ' as i shout out the window ITS A LOTUS ! lol....

and also on the traffic lights at princess st Edinburgh had a few tourists taking selfies with the car in the background rather amusing