free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 11 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Frimley111R

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

A young couple walking past

Him: It's a Ferrari, isn't it?

Her: It's a Lotus

Him: No way. Not a Lotus, it's clearly a Ferrari!

Her: So how come it said "Lotus" on the back?

Him: Maybe it was a Lotus...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Pulled up at a junction recently, and a lad on his bike gestured to me that i have tiny penis.

I shouted 'your mum promised she wouldn't tell anyone!'. -This felt like a good response except it kind of confirms his comment :huh: .

I would have gone with "Your mum said it was bigger than your dads!"

Or "Your girlfriend said it was bigger than yours!"

Or "Nice bike!"

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Bumpersticker2.jpg

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. I never expected it would get the amount of attention it does, amazing! Can't think what the reaction will be when I get it back down to Italy in a couple of weeks. The S1 Elise used to cause a bit of a attention, the Evora will be something else again.

I was putting my car in the garage a few weeks back and few kids( 8-14 years old or so) that had been playing nearby ran over.

The 3 lads just stood and stared at the car, and then asked a few questions about it.

Along comes a girl of similar age who takes one look at the car, folds her arms, turns to the young lads and harrumphs at them " it's just a car you know".

:rofl:

• Like 1

Had some garden machinery delivered today.  Delivery guy nearly *cough* "arrived" when the garage door went up to get it stowed.  A good thirty minutes later he finally unloaded the delivery.  I'm still caught out by peoples reactions to the Evora - and in a good way :)

• Like 1

:lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Went for a drive and ended up going through St. Andrews on a sunny Saturday.   Burbling and farting down the mainstreet at 20mph in 2nd gear, went past a cafe where a group of couples were sat in the sun having whatever - the 4 guys all just stood up at the same time, pointing, waving and shouting "what's that, what's that, OMG, it's a Lotus, perfect......."  Big smiles given so I had to respond in kind, dropped the clutch and hit the revs and the exhaust just burped, barfed and gurgled it's way back down. Smiles all round.... Felt like a kid in a sweetie shop, where the owner was away, for the rest of the day.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Just driven out of Southampton through half-term traffic (read: Hell).  I don't think I've ever had so many thumbs up from Kids.

After three months of ownership i have had many many people looking at my car and asking what is it? Even at car meets there are questions from enthusiasts who just don't know what model it is.

when out with my son we laugh and our favourite  saying is

"don't break your neck mate"

• Like 2

: Hey man, is that your car?
: Yeah
: Nice, how much was it?
: A lot
: How much is a lot?
: A lot
: Yeah but how much is a lot??
<_<

I know the car looks expensive, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed when the first question someone asks is "how much?"

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

The "what's it cost?" question does crop up, but my reply generally depends on who is asking and their general attitude. I've told people it's much less than half the cost of a Ferrari and cheaper to run, or that it isn't paid for yet especially with the brownie points owing to the wife for letting me buy it, or sometimes I've just told them the cost if their interest seems genuine and enthusiastic. 

Interestingly I've had this question more when driving in mainland Europe where people suspect these cars may be more affordable in the UK. This is especially the case in Denmark where the tax on luxury cars makes them very expensive so brand is everything and they are incredibly rare. This tends to mean people appreciate seeing the car more and we get lots of thumbs up from kids, and rather strangely have found ourselves being filmed when getting out of the car for a quick stop - does feel bizarre...

• Like 1

Last time home driving through a set of traffic lighted road works on a quiet B road.  Get the green and burbling along in 2nd, sports mode on, and window open at 25mph with no other cars around past the workmen - showing them respect etc. and they all stopped to look after 1st one had seen me and obviously said something to the rest.  I was thinking it would be along lines of Cock or Wan....... but in fact the call was "give it big then man" or similar.  Well it would have been rude not to and it was a long clear straight ahead and I was near end of the roadworks.  I got the shovel/brush wave in my mirrors. :blob fire: SWMBO however though I was childish :happy dance:

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

That doesn't make you a bad person, Al... :happy dance:

Two wee boys saw me on the high street tonight and started giving it "Whoa! LOOK AT THAT!!!" at the top of their voices, only for me to have to stop at traffic lights a bit further up the road. I looked to my left to realise they'd ran all the way up the street after me and one was stood open mouthed, the other with a massive grin on the pavement next to me giving me the thumbs up. Gave them a wave and pulled away in loud mode to see them in my mirror jumping up and down.

:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colin G said:

Well I don't even have my Evora 400 until the morning, but the people at both my car and gap insurers both googled it while I was on the phone changing my policies to see what it looked like, and were blown away by it. :lol:

Have fun tomorrow Colin! Enjoy that noise!