free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 13 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Haha! I understand. It will be a last resort if my current s and the 400 don't fit at the time of change. Does that make it any better? ?

Nope. Who are you again? :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. First post on TLF and wanted to share a very positive week that I had during a road trip to Ireland last week in my Launch Edition Evora. Firstly, on the way to the port we stopped o

I parked the Evora up on Sunday for a leg stretch in a German Autobahn Service station for 15 mins. A chap arrived 2 mins after me in his Porsche (And a very nice one Identical to picture) and parked

I went to an open-to-all breakfast meet last Sunday - you know the sort, anything from an Austin 7 to an Aventador is welcome. Just as I parked, a Panamera pulled in opposite and the driver virtu

Posted Images

One of the funniest I remember is once I was on the highway, checked the review mirror and saw a white BMW Z4 following from close; there was a lot of traffic ahead so couldn't push to shake it off (hate to have people glued to my rear bumper :angry:) then I was checking from time to time the review mirror and noticed the car was driven by a blond girl holding her smartphone to film a video (could see the flashing led on it). When she slowed down to exit the highway, I slowed down too and drove side by side for a couple of seconds just to realize that the girl was also pretty hot!:ph34r: Pity these things happen only when you are not single and that she moved out of the highway with a really dangerous monouvre that I didn't want to replicate to follow her.

A different satisfaction was hearing a young boy (12-15 years old I'd say), shouting at his friends "Look a Lotus!" and not the usual "Look a Ferrari!" they say by mistake.

• Gold FFM

That's cool David. Which 2bular exhaust do you have?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

It's just the decat and back-box for now - headers and sports-cat on the wish-list along with a raft of other items that will need to be sneaked under the radar of SWMBO. The box is one of Jim's early development versions of the valved one he now offers. On mine, he put all the pipework inside the main casing rather than having all the crossover sections exposed. As a result, there was very little room left inside for sound-packing so mine with the valve closed is probably not far off being as loud as the current ones with the valve open, and with the valve open it's ..................INSANE. I'm sure I've left a few bleeding eardrums in my wake - Al did comment after following me for part of the Rannoch run that he could hear my every change of throttle position, even when I was a fairly small speck up the road.

On 2/1/2016 at 22:53, Barrykearley said:

Get to Cuba quick - before the cuddling up to the USA spoils the place.

its amazing.......

@Barrykearley

Hi Barry,

Cuba and its cars are definitely amazing, And it seems everyone feels the urge to do something about it now:

I came across this book today and remembered this recent post of yours... Thought you might be interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1989634058/carros-de-cuba

There is another one made by Norman Foster and edited by his wife, which focuses on cars and architecture:

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/culture/norman-foster-on-the-classic-cars-and-architecture-of-havana/8673666.fullarticle

I have a copy and it is pretty good. Both books are edited in English and Spanish, so you get to improve your foreign language skills too (if that helps obtaining SWMBO's approval).

Regards,

Jorge

(apologies for going slightly off topic)

• Like 1

All VPN discussion is now in it's own VPN topic in our 'Technology' sub-forum in General Chat.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I borrowed Charlotte's 400 today to get to the station. When leaving to come home, I had to drive through the enclosed car park. The echo from the exhaust was epic (I kept in first gear between the speed bumps!). 

Unknown to me, there was a 911 two cars behind. When we got to a roundabout with 2 lanes, he shot past me for 20 metres up to an already red traffic light.

If I didn't know better, I would have said he felt the need to prove something. I carried on as normal.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up my car from having its service, took the long route home as per usual but have decided it's amazing how many 10 year old lads know so many swear words as a matter of exclamation...........lol

:)

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Evora in convoy :thumbsup:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Lots of reactions this weekend.. Took a friend for a drive round the block and had some little kids run down the road after us and a group of girls give us a wave. He was amazed that came about in the 5 minutes she was in the car with me!

today I went for lunch at a hotel in Bournemouth.. From where I was sat I could see the car in the car park and I clocked the porter type bloke taking selfies of himself with the car in the background!.. A bit surprised by that one.. Who takes a photo of themselves with someone else's car?!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Colin G said:

Excellent. :D

No reactions to mine at all this weekend due to a combination of fitting oak floors to the entire downstairs of the house and the ****ing piles of snow outside. :(

Piles of snow? Where are you? Dexter was off romping this weekend - those are his tyre tracks in the foreground ?

image.jpeg

The Evora must be something special as I get nothing here in Geelong about the Esprit. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Geelong, Geelong.

There's another two just for good measure. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Was there visiting relatives 2 years ago (didn't see any Loti though) & will be back Jan 2017 or 2018.

Geelong has suddenly become famous :lol:

:lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Had 2 reactions today and both positive but in different ways. First one, I was in Harlow today when a chap walk past and said "nice car, I love Lotus..." to which I thanked him...... and then driving back today towards Stansted Airport today after picking up my boy from pre school I was flashed by a Audi driver because I wasn't hanging about(but not to mad) to which I thought "what's his problem" and then I realised following him just round the next corner was our boys in blue.....:blush: See, it's not all Audi drivers, I owe him a thankyou.:thumbup:

• Like 1

That happened to me on the way back from Le Mans but I thought he was just letting me know he thought I had a nice car! €750 later... 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Mine only ever seems to attract gawps and gasps from 8-10 year old boys, which very definitely is not the attention I'd like to attract!

Yesterday is a prime example. I pulled into my local petrol station (where I seem to be at least every other day) which is in a pretty dodgy-looking part of Glenrothes and two 8-10 year old boys came running over yelling "I love your car!" and pointing at it and giggling as I drove up to the pump. They came over and one asked if he could take a photo, brandishing an old iPhone. I told him he could sit in the driver's seat if he wanted while I filled up. I think he almost wet himself with excitement. But then he said "Oh. But my feet are a bit muddy." -- well, anyone who's seen Dexter out and about will know he loves it dirty, so I let the kid get in and his mate took a few more photos of him in it. They got out when I went to pay and stood staring at Dexter.

When I came back out one of them was jumping up and down pointing at the exhaust, shouting "Look at the exhaust!" and then asked how much a car like that was when it was new, so I told him. He promptly then shouted "SEVENTY FIVE THOUSANDS POUNDS?!" so the entire forecourt of other people could hear, which was a tad embarrassing but hey.

Anyway, I put Dex in Sport mode, revved him a bit, looking like a tit in front of everyone, and disappeared off, boys with jaws on the ground at the sound.

Probably the only time that's happened though, in my 28,000 miles worth of petrol fill-ups.

• Like 1