free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 15 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. First post on TLF and wanted to share a very positive week that I had during a road trip to Ireland last week in my Launch Edition Evora. Firstly, on the way to the port we stopped o

I parked the Evora up on Sunday for a leg stretch in a German Autobahn Service station for 15 mins. A chap arrived 2 mins after me in his Porsche (And a very nice one Identical to picture) and parked

Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum (any forum, come to that!). Have had a S2 Esprit for about 5 years and own other brand classics, but recently bought my Evora GT410 Sport - the only one in NZ I'm told.

Posted Images

It even goes mobile: I just had the same problem on my iPad!:devil:

On 15 February 2016 at 22:07, C8RKH said:

Paul - just thought I'd say think your car looks great - the red/black goes well and loving the side air scoops too. What did you use to polish it up like that (apart from elbow grease!!!)

Interested too: my 400 is same colours and when I saw it last friday it didn't look quite as good (the red was almost matte:o). Especially the glossy black roof for which the dealer told me he's gonna put some "specific product from Lotus" before delivering it to me.

My mum was out walking her dogs yesterday and bumped into a family. They got chatting and it turned out the children went to the same school as my son. My mum asked the children whether they knew her grandson. The children responded:

"Yes, his mum drives a Lotus!"

Brilliant!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

This is by far my favourite thread. I love seeing peoples reactions when you're in a flash car, reminds me of being a lad and having a day made worthwhile because you spotted something tasty on the walk to/from school.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Had the car parked up opposite the cottage I was staying in with my folks in Kent  over the weekend. Whilst looking around the car a guy comes over and says how much he loves it and thought it was a Ferrari at first glance. He had a poke around while we exchanged some plesantries. He was loving it and talking about how great and aggressive it looked. There seems to be a lot of genuine love for lotus cars out there.

Did you get his number? Sounds like he was chatting you up :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've had three memorable comments when out in my carbon car :

1) does it drive as good as it looks mate?

2) is it ALL carbon? Yeah! Wow!!

3) my favourite from a hoodie in a rough part of Edinburgh who just looked at my car and said "Ya Fecker!" But in a nice way. Made me laugh.

• Like 1

The smiles and thumbs up from a group of old chaps (well past retirement age) going in one direction on the crossing....and the the same crossing being videoed by the 10 years olds crossing in the other direction......

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Saturday I went to the dealer-shop (not the garage where they have the workshop that you saw in the pic I posted in the "Evora 400 - who owns one?" thread, but the salon where they show the cars to the public) to get some merchandising gadget that my brother wanted buy me as a present for the new car (I have Lotus branded jeans now!!!B-)). I parked in front of it and while we were inside a pair of boys (in their 20s, I'd guess) came in (dunno if they checked my car while I was inside) and began hang around the cars (they looked a lot interested in the Exige V6 but the dealer totally ignored them and preferred chatting with us clearly knowing they'd never afford the car). When we were finished and we went out the two boys ran after us to hear the car starting up. I was busy maneuvering but my brother told me he read on the two lips of one of them the italian equivalent of "holy crap" when the car revved itself upon start (that on the 400 is even more scenic than on the old Evora). When I stopped at the gate waiting to enter the road, they ran across the parking lot to reach the fence at the side of the street, so I "had to" push the first gear a bit further (no red lights, still running-in), valve opened obviously, to make them happy:devil:. Obviously one of the two was filming the scene with his smartphone, so I guess my car is on some Facebook diary now.

Brought the 400 down to York this morning as I'm only working a couple of days this week, stop in Gretna services on the way for some fuel. Went in to pay and it went like this -

Me: Pump 5 please.

Girl behind counter: Pump 5? (While giving me a look which suggested "are you sure you mean 5?")

Me: Yes, pump 5.

Girl: Oh right, wow, that's a really beautiful car you have.

Me: Thanks very much.

Girl: What is it? A Ferrari?

Me: No, it's a Lotus. (While laughing a bit)

Girl: Oh I'll never see a car like that in my lifetime!

Me: There's one there! (Chuckling away now)

Girl: Noooooooo, I mean I'll never be able to own one!!

Me: Ah you know, I used to say that, bye!

:D

• Like 1

Unfortunately not, this, is me on holiday :D

cbb7b947ca06d6e78bc90ab7a64c8fd1_zpskqm9

Lotus really need to do something about the recognition factor of the Evora. As much as it gives me a laugh and I suppose it's flattering people think it's a Ferrari, it would be nice not to have to explain otherwise!

:blink: Is that a beer mitten? :wub:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I'm surprised she spoke to you looking like that Colin... ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

It IS a beer mitten! Solid base in it so you can't drop your beer! It was -15 outside and I said to our friends while we were out taking ribs out of the smoker "jeez, my hand's getting a bit cold drinking out here" only for them to go "we have just the thing for that!".

:lol:

Andy, I'm surprised ANY woman speaks to me. 

:D

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Lol Colin. Only one woman ever spoke to me and I ended up marrying her! ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Well, my wife reads these forums and I would want her to get too big a head!

( The 400 is f£&@ing awesome though!)

Perfect garage if you ask me. Now, if only Lotus did an awesome largely track only car to complete the set ...! (Plus the small matter of a better relationship with the bank manager than I currently have.)

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 08:49, NeedForSpeed said:

Well, people are used to associate the Lotus brand with really small cars (Elise, the original Elan, etc.) so the Evora which, for Lotus standards, is a bit oversized, puzzles a little bit. But for Ferrari standards instead the Evora is a little bug: Ferraris of the last decade are IMHO way too big and almost impossible to drive on other roads but California highways (maybe they are designed for those:lol:).

The red color makes things even worse: consider that the other day when I was coming out of the garage I've been seen by a guy who lives in the neighborhood that knew I was swapping my old Evora for a new one; but nonetheless I was told he asked the custodian of the garage if I ended up buying a Ferrari instead.

But if I were Lotus I'd not be so worried: it's not a bad sign if their cars are confused with those built by the most famous and successful sport-cars brand in the world whose cheapest model costs almost twice their priciest.

I get the same questions in my 2011 Elise SC.  One of my favorites was: 

Q:  What is that?

Me:  A Lotus.

Q:  Who makes it?

Me:  Lotus.

• Like 1