free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 16 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Gina takes the Evora to work, well after all it is her every day car.  Reactions have been from "have you won the lottery" to one guy having it as the screen saver on his phone.  One lady said to Gina "It's lovely, I had a ride in an Esprit once" to which Gina replied "we've got on of those too"  Im told her face was priceless.   I went to Sainsbugs in it the other night, as I parked a shiney red new Focus ST pulled up next to me, and a drop dead gorgeous lady got out of the passenger side, cam over to me and said "I had to come and say what a beautiful car"  I looked in the Focus and Im sure I saw steam coming out of her other half's ears.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. First post on TLF and wanted to share a very positive week that I had during a road trip to Ireland last week in my Launch Edition Evora. Firstly, on the way to the port we stopped o

I parked the Evora up on Sunday for a leg stretch in a German Autobahn Service station for 15 mins. A chap arrived 2 mins after me in his Porsche (And a very nice one Identical to picture) and parked

Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum (any forum, come to that!). Have had a S2 Esprit for about 5 years and own other brand classics, but recently bought my Evora GT410 Sport - the only one in NZ I'm told.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ajheath said:

"have you won the lottery"

Must admit that was my first thought too!

How does it compare speed/handling wise with the Esprit, another league I would imagine?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

No haven't won the Lottery Mark, but haven't got kids, so that's pretty much the same thing.   I still love the Esprit, but yes ride, handling, and power as you say in another league.  The Evora is so easy to drive, Gina loves it, but she's not a fan of driving the Esprit, me I love both.

• Gold FFM

They may be twenty years or so apart, but both are very much lotus cars of their time and you are incredibly lucky Adrian. Enjoy them to the full mate, life's for living and all that.

I'd love an Esprit V8 or one of the G HC Turbo's, but I'm sure the drive would leave me thinking hmmm....  But then I'd just get out, stand back, look at the damn thing and go aaaahhhhhhhhhh.  Lovely.....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

What is it with the youth of today and their 'manipulation' of the English language?

I was almost panicked into reaching for my AA card following a comment by a lad walking past this morning but apparently telling me that my car was "sick" is in fact a compliment, :o , rather than a diagnosis of some impending mechanical disaster, :lol: .

• Like 2

Was a while back we took my daughters to a BBC Deadly 60 event at nearby country park. We took the Evora and parked in a big field. We all extracted ourselves, meanwhile the owner of the car that had arrived just before us had got his family out, and he turned to see me and my 2 daughters, before he could stop himself he blurted out "where the fxxx did they come from" before apologising for swearing.

• Like 2

My reaction to my Evora today was "oh for **** sake......." as I stupidly left my interior light on when I had been in cleaning the leather last week. So you can guess what that meant today, yup, battery dead as a dodo. Nice to see that little trait has carried on from the original cars. Or maybe not. 

:lol:

Important question, is that easily solved? I've known one or two cars where the battery going flat can cause a major headache

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

There should have been a laminated note attached to your battery advising against jump starting the 400. I'll check with the factory on Monday for the details but it's not advised.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Is that for the new batteries or the car in general @Bibs? The car has been fine all day since. I no longer have the lightweight battery, it was replaced by MMC as they're pish.

EDIT: And when I say jump start, I brought it back to life on a charger first.

I know more than one car where jump starting it can fry delicate things, not sure exactly how but it can happen.

Are there charging terminals or do you charge these straight from the battery?

The 911 996 was always a PITA - the battery is in the boot, and the boot release on the 996 mk2 is electric! 

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I saw it in the boot of a just delivered 400 about 3 weeks ago mate. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Fair enough, doesn't seem to be anything wrong mind you. Put it on the fast charger for a while before it was good to go, and like I said, I no longer have the crappy new battery Lotus are using.

• Gold FFM

Jump starting shouldn't cause problems on any car, as long as the circumstances are as good as possible:

- large, decently charged battery and properly functioning charging system on the helping vehicle, to assure a constant voltage even with large currents drawn. 

- battery not discharged too deeply, i.e. still around 12V but just lacking the power to get the car started, so the power transferred is used mainly for the starter and not to charge the battery.

- well built cables with good connections to avoid losses between the cars.

With the above there should be little voltage drop and no spikes. All the electrickery should be well within it's comfort zone. Interesting point about the battery though. If the lightweight once are very picky about how they are charged, I can understand why jump starting would not be advised. Also because it's easier to forbid something than to allow it under specific conditions (like above), especially for an emergency procedure with people highly likely to cut corners just to get the car going.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

^^^^ Lol, spat my wine out........  haha

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 02/04/2016 at 02:55, Colin G said:

My reaction to my Evora today was "oh for **** sake......." as I stupidly left my interior light on when I had been in cleaning the leather last week. So you can guess what that meant today, yup, battery dead as a dodo. Nice to see that little trait has carried on from the original cars. Or maybe not. 

:lol:

Is the standard interior light still an incandescent bulb? In my S I replaced it (along with the 2 in the trunk) with these LED replacements and I'm now far less worried about draining the battery. I even once left the trunk wide open for a whole cars'n'coffee day and the car started up perfectly.

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

Got use to this over the years with the VX so now just let them go about their own business, no matter how tempting.

Surprisingly enough I tend to drive the Evora in a more relaxed fashion that the VX, must be growing up since I turned 60 (although you wouldn't believe it looking at me :lol:)

Had the car out a bit recently with summer meets kicking off and weather being nicer. Been to two pistonheads meets. First one the car was photographed on arrival by a number of people. Also got a number of thumbs up from other enthusiasts. 

Second one I was swamped by kids on arrival wanting to sit in the car to have their picture taken. Also, a lovely chap asked if it was ok to take some pictures of the car. 

Today at sainsburys I came back to the car to see a chap looking around it. He  tells me it's a lovely car before standing around to hear me drive off. Also came back to the car from shopping in Braintree to see a chap taking pictures of the car. 

These are just a few of the MANY positive reactions I have witnessed in the last week. This car attracts a huge amount of positive attention.