free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 17 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. First post on TLF and wanted to share a very positive week that I had during a road trip to Ireland last week in my Launch Edition Evora. Firstly, on the way to the port we stopped o

I parked the Evora up on Sunday for a leg stretch in a German Autobahn Service station for 15 mins. A chap arrived 2 mins after me in his Porsche (And a very nice one Identical to picture) and parked

Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum (any forum, come to that!). Have had a S2 Esprit for about 5 years and own other brand classics, but recently bought my Evora GT410 Sport - the only one in NZ I'm told.

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Well, new boxster is quite nice in a Tracy the hairdresser sort of way....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Let's not forget Lionel the Accountant too in his Ooooodi A6 and Graham the salesman in his A5! The there's Sharon the MILF in the Q5. Meh........ Porsches, Audis, no imagination the lot of them...

I'm loving growing old, turning into a right old grumpy victor and lovin' every minute of it...

While driving through Forfar I got a "phwoar, what the f.ck is that" shout from three young lads in the high street. Got another few nods and smiles from guys standing outside a pub - the white M4 in front of me didn't even get a second look, guess they thought it was just a 420D! That made me smile a lot.

When blasting around a corner in the lanes on the way home a guy building a wall dropped a stone and just looked open mouthed at the car!  Along the dual carriageway in Dundee two young boys in the back of their Picasso undid their seat belts and turned around smiling with thumbs up and a girl in a Mini Cooper gave me a lovely smile at the lights, and in Glasgow two girls ran over to my car window and said "wow, I really love your car, that's pure dead great!".  Glad I don't drive a bland mass produced brand that thinks putting diesels in a sports car is a cool idea.....

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I did titter to myself yesterday actually......

a NEW Audi A5 with the top of the range everything fitted to it.......factory fitted not dodgey back street garage mod

front wheel was hanging off........as it was half out of the wheel arch when the car collapsed on it I couldnt decided if the wheel had fallen off of the steering had collapsed or the suspension had gone..........

either way it was slap bang in the middle of the road....abandoned.....not like the owner had even bothered to hang around and wait for a recovery truck........

:whistle:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I've driven all manner of porkers, including very rare and expensive ones. They are, by and large, invisible to Joe public.

I also tend not to pay much attention to Astons anymore as I find nearly everyone from the DB7 to the new Vanquish looks fairly similar. They're very nice but rarely "holy hell" nice.

Oddly, the only German thing I've driven that got any attention was an R8 in stealth spec (black on black), they aren't even noisy but young lads seem to like them (as do women).

The Evora (particularly in 400 guise) is definitely Ferrari/Lambo levels for attention-grabbing

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

Young lads like R8's for two reasons. (1) they've driven them on the PS3/PS4 or Xbox and recognise them from that (2) they are young, so naive and stupid and do not know what good really is. It takes a bloody old cantankerous bistuard to really appreciate the finer things like a Lotus! ;)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

All you guys in your multi £ motors. Even us poor hard up beggars with older models get the same treatment. I cant go out in the S3 without someone asking if they can take a photograph, mind you it is in bright in your face Yellow and cant be missed. Would I have an Evora though. Bloody right I would. Just need to convince the bank manager that it is a necessary requirement.

• Gold FFM

Lol - thought your car looked great yesterday John. Brian's though with that new paint job was just wow, 30 years old or not :)

• Like 1

Yellow is a brilliant colour, on nearly anything!

Also @C8RKH I think most people equate the R8 with being "the iron man car"... I wonder how many S1 Esprit owners get asked if theirs turns into a submarine?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

All you guys in your multi £ motors. Even us poor hard up beggars with older models get the same treatment. I cant go out in the S3 without someone asking if they can take a photograph, mind you it is in bright in your face Yellow and cant be missed. Would I have an Evora though. Bloody right I would. Just need to convince the bank manager that it is a necessary requirement.

And that Elite look stunning.

• Like 2

Driving back from Heathrow yesterday afternoon, had a Bimmer E36 slow down, wind his window down, and give me a thumbs up.

Random, but pleasing none-the-less!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Colin G said:

We were up in Fort William today, I stopped in the BP just outside town to fuel up and the young guy said to me, "I take it you're with all the other guys in the supercar club?" with a big grin on his face. I had no idea what he was on about, but it turned out I'd just missed a dozen or so Ferrari's and Lamborghini's. Nice he thought we were in the 'gang' though. :lol:

That'll be the TartanFlorio organised by Supercar Driver - started off this morning from McLaren Glasgow's showroom. https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/tartanflorio/

That will probably be it then! We did see an F12 heading south as we went north, but that was the only high end car I think we saw all day. Looking at the pics on that link I would've liked to have given the Sagaris a look over, never actually seen one in person.