free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 6 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Was walking back to my car after a birthday party, a few steps behind an older couple. As we got closer, the husband took out his phone, handed it to his wife and made a beeline for my car! "Take a photo! Take a photo!!" he said as he posed next to it. I found it amusing so I just stood around, he saw me and said "Very expensive car! I cannot afford this car!!" and a few seconds later "oh... is this your car!?? So sorry!! Sorry sorry sorry" :unworthy:  After I calmed him down he took some more snaps and then asked "What is it? Ferrari? Lamborghini??" and as usual I reply "Lotus" which went in one ear and out the other. The name just doesn't register :huh:

Makes me wonder how many other people have taken a photo of or with the car in the 2-3 hours it was parked on the street....

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. First post on TLF and wanted to share a very positive week that I had during a road trip to Ireland last week in my Launch Edition Evora. Firstly, on the way to the port we stopped o

I parked the Evora up on Sunday for a leg stretch in a German Autobahn Service station for 15 mins. A chap arrived 2 mins after me in his Porsche (And a very nice one Identical to picture) and parked

Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum (any forum, come to that!). Have had a S2 Esprit for about 5 years and own other brand classics, but recently bought my Evora GT410 Sport - the only one in NZ I'm told.

Posted Images

I was in the garage at the weekend and I heard a could of guys coming past my house: "Woah, Lotus Evora......that's a Clio Williams!" (no mention of SWMBO's Boxster  :harhar: ). I walked outside and one of them looked at me and said "Man, your cars are sick." 

We had trick or treaters last week telling me how badass the Evora is! I turned all the outside lights on in case they came back, little oiks! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was asked just the other day if I'd won the lottery upon seeing me in the Evora. I still think nothing beats the school run, so many kids lined up at fences looking at the car and my son going all peacock as he struts into the playground. We went swimming recently and ran into a school friend and his family, Finley ran over and asked them if they liked *his* car!! Love it

Parked in the car park of a rather unsalubrious pub in Grimsby last week (it was work)

As the school kids were walking past a crowd of 10 or 15 lads from the senior school all crowded around the car taking pics.  They were asking me to take them for a spin, when I moved the car to a different parking spot they asked me to rev it (mine is very loud) and then they ran around the building do they could see me arrive at the other parking place.

They lead a sheltered life in Grimsby, friving through the town centre almost every head was turned by the car and mine is in a boring colour

Lots of people were walking past my house on saturday to the craft fair in the village hall.  I was fitting the winter wheels to my car.  A chap walked up to me and said

"Do you mind if I take a photo of your Ferrari?"

i said

"Feel free" and left him to it  :)

• Like 1

MY reaction to an Evora: Last night, heading home in the dark I noticed a 'sporty looking car' in my mirror, just alongside me coming off a roundabout. I (slightly oddly) assumed it could be an Artega (remember those?). Or maybe a Ferrari. I could only see the outline/lines and lights. A split second later it shot past me (amazing acceleration!!) and it was ...... a blue Sports Racer! I gave chase briefly before the next roundabout and we did a 'thumbs up' to each other in the dark before heading in opposite directions.

• Like 2

MIne's going back soon :no but there's something special on the way to replace it  :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs; you know....if ever you need a hand with these long term tests, do let me know. I seem to change cars every year...it would be a lot cheaper getting in on your deal! :D

Costs me about £100k of lost income a year to run this place, you're very welcome to a swap :)

Evora NA

Topped to fuel up in Stretford yesterday. One of the other customers came over

"Wow, that is such a beautiful car, I've read about them and watched one on Top Gear, but I've never seen one before, they are such a rare car much rarer than a Porsche".

He was talking to me about whe we were paying, the chap behind the till was asking what it was, he was quite funny, said;

"I saw it come in and thought, oh here we go another footballer (was just down the road from MUs ground) but realised no footballer would have a car that classy, they all come in here with big Range Rover Sports and Bentleys, that is a class car."

So there we go boys and girls proof positive we don't drive a footballers car!

Tris...

• Like 2

Was in a garage in Hartlepool this morning, guy walked over and introduced himself as manager of Hartlepool United. Nice car he says, can you sign for us as you are obviously not a good football owning that car!

• Like 1

Dave.

Was driving in Brussels centre yesterday night. While stopping at traffic light, a Peugeot 206 pull up next to me and the driver shout at the top of his voice while pointing at me and says 'This is English car?! This is English car right?!'. He was so loud I manage to hear him over 2 layer of window glass and 2 passenger seat apart! I reply with 'YES!' and after exchange of smile and thumbs up we all continue with our own journey.  

heading back to the car with groceries yesterday, walked past a little toddler asking his mum "What car was that?" she replied "It's a Lotus."

was too surprised that she knew what it was to ask her if the little guy would have liked a closer look...

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

Not an Evora owner - but as a long-time Lotus owner I like to think the brand is generally regarded as an 'enthusiast' marque - rather than a poseurs one - if that makes sense?

I've very rarely had any negative comments/abuse - but always had a lot of interest and smiles  :)

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

• Gold FFM

Not an Evora owner - but as a long-time Lotus owner I like to think the brand is generally regarded as an 'enthusiast' marque - rather than a poseurs one - if that makes sense

Iain

This argument works for those that accuse you of a mid life crisis too.

Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

(Enthusiast since age 12 and owner since age of 30)

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

MY reaction to an Evora: Last night, heading home in the dark I noticed a 'sporty looking car' in my mirror, just alongside me coming off a roundabout. I (slightly oddly) assumed it could be an Artega...

Never heard of them so did a search. Wow what a good looking car. Strong resemblance to the Evora too. Too bad they went belly up.

DanR