free hit
counters
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 8 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Frimley111R

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The last time I stepped up the pace in my Lotus the other car nearly crashed trying to keep up.... unless it's someone that I know (and I know they're mature enough to stay within their limits) I usually let them 'win'  :)

Yep, me too, I've always been conscious of someone crashing trying to keep up with /race me. If they look a bit shit (you can usually tell by the car) I ease off and 'lose'. 

I say let em crash :-p

I had a great reaction to the Evora a while back, I was with a friend in a yellow Lamborghini and Porsche Boxster and a 911 convertible. We all pull into a garage car park so we can all drive the Lamborghini and as I'm getting in it this chap walks past the yellow Lambo and asks if he can take a photo of the Evora, pmsl

TomE, that's an amazing feat, I've just been looking at a bike rack tonight and seen your post, fab! I'll be having a go at that :-)

• Like 1

Bibs, you will understand this but i don't get a whole lot of looks in my Evora. Its not that i live in the US, its just that I drive get to drive the dealership loaner Saab more than i would like. Never seen another one here on the streets...

My reaction to my pen Evora on my drive this afternoon.

I can't believe this amazing car is mine, just look at it, unbelievable.

Got the full interview yesterday by a fellow resident in my apartment complex. His jaw dropped as it was the first time he saw the car (I was fixing the battery vent tube which the dealer broke whilst replacing the battery) and he maintained a shock/awe look while asking the following:

Are you renting?

Did you buy?

When did you buy?

How much did you pay?

What's your other car? (my wife took the bmw out for shopping)

What do you do?

What does your wife do?

Do you have kids?

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

Did you ask him the same questions back, nosey git!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Nah I just asked him if he wanted to sit in the car, and he immediately put his hands up and said "nonononoononononno" and backed off.

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

I had a chap in Tesco nearly take the passenger wing off with his trolley because he was so transfixed. He then went back to the trolley park, past my side, still agog before driving off completely looking out of his side window back at the car for 30s! That was day one of my ownership!

But I have to say that the start up auto throttle blip makes me feel a right twonk as I stall repeatedly while trying to reverse out of a spot with people watching :(

But I have to say that the start up auto throttle blip makes me feel a right twonk as I stall repeatedly while trying to reverse out of a spot with people watching :(

Thats why you get the IPS.  :harhar:

• Like 2

Ok. So I came to the conclusion that I had to go watch Fast and Furious 7.

Parted up, and went upstairs to the 1st floor coffee shopoverlooking the carpark. Two kids and their mothers walk past the car, and the kids stand next to it. Their mothers then take their pictures. Cute; albeit I found sticky finger marks on the paint after...grrr

Now, I do like a bit of attention, i'll be honest. But I must say, I felt somewhat shy to say the least when leaving the film, and seeing the 150+ others wandering out of the film and seeing me drive off. I think I could sum the Evora's attention grabbing demographic in three groups:

1. Older generation - Quiet looks of appreciation

2. Kids - Absolute ecstatic excitement

3. Chavs - Lots of self-groping and chavvy mouth-hand action(the former being good 'shocked' kind, not the insulting kind)

Naturally, I attempted to repeat some driving scenes on my drive back! Shame I didn't hit some of the 3rd demographic though.

Definitely a car that looks like it should cost more than it does.

I have four year old twins (one of the reasons for buying it) and whilst I know it costs less than my daily driver ?Audi Q3, others think it's a lot more! So whilst I complain about the price of nursery fees, I'm not sure of the image the Evora gives off when I collect the kids...

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I was sat at a set of traffic lights outside a Glasgow pub when the lone male having a cigarette outside ran into the pub and about 12 guys appeared (thankfully all thumbs up and encouragement) - that traffic light seemed to be at red for an eternity. !!!!

• Like 1

So, I've been given the thumbs up by several vans, had a lorry driver take a picture on his phone (a little worrying to be honest), a knowing nod from a policeman and small children wave a lot.

Every petrolhead at work has demanded a passenger ride, and the script of every journey runs pretty much as follows:

1. It's much better put together than I thought it would be/ had heard

2. OK, so I knew it would ride/handle well, but seriously wow

3. I was mentally braking for that corner long before you were

4.  It looks much better in the plastic than in photographs

5. It's a proper Supercar

6. I can see why you didn't want the 911

7. That was Sixth?!!?!? 

8. You paid how much?!   That's a serious amount of car for that money...

:w00t: A colleague (which knows that I drive an Evora) and I passed a parked Audi R8 V 10 plus with wing etc.and he asked: "Well I know it is no Lotus but don´t you think that is also a slightly good car..."

no further comment ......

I got accused of having a very nice Ferrari in Morton-in Marsh at a service station. 'Excuse me it's English' I responded to which the elderly gentleman apologised and we both had a chuckle.

Oh and I took a Ferrari 458 owner for a ride the other day which left him speechless at how good it was. He was equally speechless when I told him how much they cost.

Edited by gregs24
  • Like 2

Passing a temporary road works with traffic lights yesterday in the countryside to east of Edinburgh and I was was first car in the queue trundling through the short bit of single file. 3 or 4 of the workmen saw me coming and shouted through open window "give it the beans" and as there was a long clear up hill drag and no other traffic I did well it would've been rude not to

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I had a leaflet through my door the other night asking to valet my supercar for free. At first I thought it was a scam and the suspecting person was on the prowl. I rang the number so see what it was all about. It turns out that the guy lives a few roads away from me and used to own a mobile valeting company. He couldn't make it pay and customers were cancelling due to weather and he couldn't get other customers to fill the spot at such short notice.

So now he does 'how to videos' or waxing your car with certain products, sealing, machine polishing, clay barring etc. He now gets sponsored by some companies and also gets revenue from ads on his various websites.

He's been trying to go a bit more upmarket and get better cars so approached me. He said when I spoke to him that he knew my car and he's seen it several times driving past and had not seen another car like it around the area. He too thought it cost me much more than I paid for it and past comment of how much nicer it looks than cars costing 3-4 times more.

So he spent all day Thursday cleaning the outside of my Evora. Started off with a foam bath then a wax and finally sealing. He filmed the whole process and will edit it for his website. I was well chuffed with the results after a week I had last week with other stuff going on!

• Like 1

He filmed the whole process and will edit it for his website. I was well chuffed with the results after a week I had last week with other stuff going on!

Nice.  Any chance you could post a link to the video when it's up?

Ever since picking up my Carbon Grey Evora three weeks ago, I've been seeing Carbon Grey cars everywhere! It's been making me think I've picked the wrong colour and yesterday I saw a Yaris in the same colour (I have a Yaris myself) and my heart really sunk...

This evening I passed a Carbon Grey Ferrarri coming the other way in slow traffic - it looked great, and as I was checking it out, thinking nice car, great colour, I caught the eye of the driver who was checking the Evora out :D

I got 2 completely opposite reactions in the space of 20 minutes yesterday. I pulled into our local shopping centre car park and trundled round to 'claim' my favoured end of a row, away from everybody space. Just as I was exiting the car (made much easier by having an end space and being able to get the door fully open) a new E-Class Merc pulled up a couple of spaces away, the driver jumped out and came striding over towards me. Wondering what was coming next (I couldn't recall burning-off a Merc on my spirited drive into town,  :question: ) I was somewhat relieved when the other guy's face broke into a beaming smile accompanied by "What an absolutely gorgeous car. Do you mind if I have a look?". Needless to say, I was more than happy to oblige and we spent the next 5 minutes or so discussing my P & J.

On the return journey, I was minding my own business (for that read - behaving myself,  :whistle:) doing 50 in a 50 limit when I see it coming. A Saxo chav-mobile, lowered to about 1mm above the deck with its stereo pumping out a "bustin' tune innit?" so loud I could hear it above my exhaust (probably helped by the fact that he was now attempting to get a reverse impression of the word 'Evora' embossed on his front bumper, :realmad: . Obviously upset that he'd caught up with somebody daring to stick to the speed limit, he then started the weave from side to side "I'm going to intimidate you out of my way" routine which only resulted in me backing off to nearer 40 than 50. Unfortunately, this goaded him into going for the impossible overtake down the central hatched area on the approach to a traffic island. I braked hard to allow him to complete the manoeuvre but still couldn't avoid the inevitable shower of road detritus which assaulted the nose of the Evora (yeh, thanks for that!) whilst his passenger leant out of the window and thanked me for my cooperation with a Gareth Hunt coffee-bean hand gesture (charming!).

I realise now of course, silly me, that what I had encountered was not an old Citroen shed driven (and I use that term in its loosest sense) by a teenage ned wearing a back-to-front Burberry baseball cap but, following his sound investment of £19.99 at Halfords on a set of stick-on DRL's, this astute member of the motoring community was in fact a cunningly-disguised driving god piloting an equally cunningly-disguised Bugatti Veyron, :unworthy: .

• Like 2

I'd have sped up to 50 and the let the little shit smash into the central reservation. But then I'm not as nice as you...   :2guns:

Driving out of Ballater towards Braemar got a nice light flash and a wave from a guy driving a bright yellow McLaren.  Nice....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!