free hit
counters
Seat Lowering - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi all, I would like to get to get my drivers seat lower to give me a bit more room around my knees and the steering wheel.

Are there any fixed seat mounts I can try which would position the standard seat as far back and as low as possible ?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a read here:https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tall-mods-modifications-to-the-tesla-roadster-for-tall-drivers.7524/

Whilst I see the logic of leaning the seat back, I think the stress from the long bolt is crazy

Also look for Sector111 tall rails, I think the went bust, but here is a pick of them for info

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/fs-sector-111-tall-rails-433225/

The long bolt and aluminium spacer looks like a death trap in a crash to me !

I just want to make a bit more room if possible, as when in 5th gear the gear stick, my knee and the steering wheel are all a bit tight. Either a lower seat or a spacer on the steering wheel would work, but I would like to keep the airbag. 

To get me to fit properly I’ve lowered the seat, raised the steering column with washers (gets the wheel up about 20mm) and fitted a 30mm spacer to the standard wheel.

There is a mod where you can take the offset bits from the front of the seat rails, flip them upside down and fit them at the rear.

You loose some rearward seat adjustment but the seat comes down by about 20mm (iirc).

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:39, KJD said:

To get me to fit properly I’ve lowered the seat, raised the steering column with washers (gets the wheel up about 20mm) and fitted a 30mm spacer to the standard wheel.

There is a mod where you can take the offset bits from the front of the seat rails, flip them upside down and fit them at the rear.

You loose some rearward seat adjustment but the seat comes down by about 20mm (iirc).

That's interesting. I didn't realise you could raise the wheel. Was this easy? How thick a stack of washers is required/ possible?

• 7 months later...