free hit
counters
Sub and Reverse cam install - pic heavy - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MrP_

Sub and Reverse cam install - pic heavy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Excellent work Paul.

Which camera did you use?

I’ve got the same Pioneer head unit as you and was contemplating fitting a reversing camera but didn’t know what would fit.

Oh, and is it any good?

Is the view OK and does exhaust heat affect it?

Ta.

Edited by KJD

1 hour ago, KJD said:

Got the same kind of camera judging by the pics, which is a generic eBay 18.5mm one.

Has been on my car for over 2 years now without any issues with heat.  Does fog up a bit after washing the car, but nothing major.

Image wise... well, it does produce an image which tells more than the reverse sensors...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/67237-shes-here-military-grey/?do=findComment&comment=568379

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 1

On 14/05/2018 at 17:43, KJD said:

Excellent work Paul.

I’ve got the same Pioneer head unit as you and was contemplating fitting a reversing camera but didn’t know what would fit.

Oh, and is it any good?

Ta.

It’s an 18.5mm housing from eBay, pulled apart with a BMW f30 camera placed in. Better colour rendition as the eBay ones are a little vivid but they are still ok. 

On either the eBay one or the bmw camera both pictures are usable, the bmw one is a bit crisper, but more expensive if you buy new.

• Like 1

Looks like a great job.  Can I ask where you got your acoustic carpet from, and which sub did you buy?

6 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Looks like a great job.  Can I ask where you got your acoustic carpet from, and which sub did you buy?

It’s a Kenwood ksc-sw11

https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-kenwood-ksc-sw11_p-31239.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImc-eme2K2wIVjhobCh1x0AeWEAQYAiABEgISFvD_BwE

The carpet was from eBay 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAN-CAR-CAMPER-BOAT-MOTORHOME-CARPET-TRIM-LINING-STRETCH-BLACK-GREY-ACOUSTIC-/282682035237?du=1&txnId=1821614041018

but any 4 way stretch auto carpet will do. Also useful to limit vibrations 

I tried to get to the power connector from under the passenger left speaker, there is one bolt holding a plastic box where the power cables go into but even though I removed the bolt it would not come off. Seemed to be stuck on, I am tempted to take power from between the seats but I'm nervous about overloading the cable?

Yes, the cable should be there, but if you can’t open it then you can’t. You might just be at a wrong angle.

As for the between seats power, it’s rated at 20 Amps so should run a powered sub, as they are fused at between 10 and 15 amps and would rarely see peak power. It should work fine, just don’t add any more to it

• Like 1