Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 cubby hole in dashboard - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 cubby hole in dashboard

Simon Bateman

Just in case anyone it interested in lining the small lower cubby hole to the right of the dashboard

I ordered one of these silica rubber mats from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004O3BSC8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are really thin and the rubber is super sticky.  Its exactly the correct depth, but slightly longer left to right, so needs a small trim.  The rubber is a couple of mm thick and once fitted stays in place.

They are only 55p including delivery and well worth a punt.  It's only a small space, but I can get my credit card wallet in there and now it stays put.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Didn't know there was a cubby hole there, had to go out to the garage to look. Somewhere to store my microfibre cloth :thumbsup:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

7 minutes ago, Simon Bateman said:

You can put your phone in there once you've spent your 55p!!

It won’t fit

FE440252-D4DE-470B-AD82-6DBF2467D234.jpeg

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I was wondering if the pocket could be made bigger by unfortunate chance, I needed to remove drivers side air vent support, and access requires the trim on the side of the dash to be removed, but the chassis brace/ dash support is in the way. The end panel pops off but use one the plastic tools just for the job so as not to damage the trim.

Edited by au-yt
Grammar