free hit
counters
S1 AC Compressor - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone ever regretted spending your replaceement Compressor money on a long weekend away instead of your failed aircon in your Evora? I am absolutely cooking!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

🍆

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

DOH!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

must be crazy driving an evora without air con... it has a wonderful feature (winter only) with the windows down the warm air from the front rads is drawn into the cockpit around the mirrors...   nice on a chilly day... bonkers and definitely not a feature  on a hot day..  :)

just park it in the garage until it cools down a bit..

Edited by andyj007
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone that's had a new air con condenser fitted confirm what the price was? I was quoted a price then asked for 3x times the price when I phoned to settle the bill when it was ready to collect. I only paid what I was originally quoted but was told that there was a mistake in the quote by the mechanic and it should have been much more.  Generally wasn't happy with how it was handled even if I did get a bargain, so interested to see  what others have paid. 

Hmmmm ,thanks Ed.  I was quoted £526 fitted. I argued that car was only 2 months out of warranty and was told they would discount where they could There were then some additional bits and pieces that I agreed (£150ish).

Bill was £1740 when the car was ready!! 

I had it in writing for the lower amount so that was all I had to pay but it was badly handled and left a bad taste despite the fact I wasn’t financially hit. 

Edited by j2 lot

Brilliant thread this.

My compressor has just failed and I note that RockAuto say:

"Doing the Job Right Takes More Than Just Replacing the Compressor
In order to ensure extended compressor life and protect against premature failure, it is imperative that you replace all the necessary components of the A/C system. Four Seasons A/C Component Kits allow you to order all these components at once so you don't have to spend time searching them out individually. All parts can ship in the same box, and will come from the same brand so you know they are compatible with each other!

Should I also replace my condenser?
It is recommended that the condenser be replaced whenever the compressor is replaced. While older Tube & Fin style condensers can technically be flushed, metal shards from a failed compressor can get lodged in the cylindrical tubes and restrict refrigerant flow, diminishing the heat transfer capabilities of the condenser and A/C system. Newer style, mini-tube condensers cannot be flushed and should always be replaced along with the compressor. "

My condenser is looking a bit shabby, so I think I will get the complete kit, plus the condenser. Anyone have any price ideas for condensers? I can see one for £230 on eBay UK.

I'm going to do the lot: compressor and condenser and wire-mesh the front grille. That condenser had taken quite a few hits and - given the above recommendation - I'm looking forward to a much-better air-con experience!