free hit
counters
S1 AC Compressor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Morning

My S1 needs a new Aircon Compressor and with the summer coming I need to sort. Have had suggestions elsewhere on buying from the states and am looking into that but also have a friend who has an Evora SC Compressor (second hand) and its not much more than the one from the States.

Anyone know if its the same one and will fit?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been told mine has failed too - put it in to get re-gassed and told it will cost £530 for a compressor as it is badly corroded. Not happy given that the car is only 2.5 months out of warranty and was serviced then too.  Waiting for the service manager to call back on Monday to see what he says. 

1 hour ago, j2 lot said:

I've just been told mine has failed too - put it in to get re-gassed and told it will cost £530 for a compressor as it is badly corroded. Not happy given that the car is only 2.5 months out of warranty and was serviced then too.  Waiting for the service manager to call back on Monday to see what he says. 

Ok edit. It is the Condenser rather than the Compressor that has corroded on mine. 

Again I have a friend @j2 lot who has reconditioned Compressors. You want me to ask him how much?

I am very lucky as my local "Fred in a shed" garage (Little Melton Garage) is a 2 man operation and both are "Old School" mechanics. Not only is it the number 1 garage for satisfaction in Norfolk, but they are both experienced in classics including Lotus's! 

Now I just need to get that part!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The condenser on deroure is £202 + vat so is the price you quoted include fitting?

Kimbers, same part number so only one compressor listed.

Gav

6 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Again I have a friend @j2 lot who has reconditioned Compressors. You want me to ask him how much?

I am very lucky as my local "Fred in a shed" garage (Little Melton Garage) is a 2 man operation and both are "Old School" mechanics. Not only is it the number 1 garage for satisfaction in Norfolk, but they are both experienced in classics including Lotus's! 

Now I just need to get that part!

Thanks- rain check for now. I am waiting for a response from the dealer on why it wasn’t picked up during the last service when it was still under warranty . 

So been suggested this one by a few guys but none of the part numbers correspond to the Evora Part (including the OEM numbers on the Denso one which show which model is can replace).

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/denso/1664893?grmk=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI14y32bW32gIVZLftCh1i9QkNEAQYAiABEgJZIvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Whilst its £100 more than the one from America  I do think this would be quicker and easier to sort if it needs to be returned.

Kimbers, as far as I am aware I was the first to get a non lotus one from the states. I used an endoscope to look at  the compressor as its different from the only picture I could find at the time of a the bare engine. From that I identified it and ordered an after market one from the states. It is off a RAv 4 not a camry. Below is the info I posted on the playground techwiki. The one in your link does not match the numbers, does not look the same and says its for a 1995cc vehicle, so I would say it IS NOT the right one.

Gav

Evora

LOTUS EVORA REPLACEMENT AC COMPRESSOR DETAILS,.

Lotus Part Number A132E6349S Toyota/DENSO Part Number 8832042120 UAC Part number UAC CO 10856C

FROM A USA TOYOTA RAV 4 3.5L V6 2006-2012

Gav, I need to sort it as it's friggin hot in there right now!

Can you give me a site where you ordered it from. Sorry if you have given me this already but I am pretty useless when it comes to mechanical stuff and if I'm not guided by those who know I will try and fit a Brake Caliper in its place :)

Or was it just a simple hunt on ebay?

Have tried google and Denos UK, Denso US non recognise that part number and when I search it the only sites that come up are TLF, Lotus Talk and SELOC! Lol.

Hmmm so a new one (non OEM for $231 + Delivery $91) and a "Remanufactured", so recon'd OEM one for half that but delivery is mid June instead of end May. What do you guys think?

How do I pay any import taxes, do the Customs contact me when it arrives or do I need to let them know and pay it prior or after delivery? Never done this before (Normally pay someone to do everything for me as it fits in to the "CBA" category :)

You get a letter/email from the courier.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If I recall correctly - Royal Mail pay it, and then you get billed for it plus their handling fee which you have to pay when you collect the item from the post office (or sorting office) - it won't be delivered to your door..

How are you purchasing? 

Ebay tend to have a shipping process where seller sends to the, they ship and pay the taxed which you have already paid to eBay, all sorted.

Other firms dealing direct tend to send via courier, the courier then asks you for the taxes once it's in UK as per the two posts above.

The brand new non OEM one is FedEx so I would guess they would do that?

My local garage 2 man band garage are real Mechanics with Classic car and Lotus experience and will fit it and test it for me. Then it's on to the condensor whih looks like it is about to fall apart as well, but can't do that till they do the Compressor first.

12 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Hmmm so a new one (non OEM for $231 + Delivery $91) and a "Remanufactured", so recon'd OEM one for half that but delivery is mid June instead of end May. What do you guys think?

Personally, I wouldn’t risk a ‘pattern/aftermarket’ part for this. I’d go for the $146 +$90 reconned OEM part. 

@Kimbers put the uac part number in eBay, £140 £20 postage and it's saying £40 import duty, so £200 all in. The exact one I bought and another tlf'er has my old car and as far as I know it's still working fine. It does say delivery June 4-13th so not too bad. 

Gav 

Thanks everyone. Just waiting to be paid. A bit brassic this month due to wifey demands for her 50th :)