Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Should this pipe be here? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Should this pipe be here?

I heard an odd knocking at low speeds from my car this morning on the school run which prompted some crawling around at the side of the car when I got home to check to see if something was 'hanging off' (side note: that's a good looking underside!) but found nothing obvious, I then stumbled across this little oddity at the rear left side... any ideas if it's supposed to be here or what it is?

IMG_5562.jpg

The pipe is rubber and it's kind of wedged between the rear diffuser and the plastic skirting around the edge.

Edited by Nathan Pitman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

25 minutes ago, mik said:

ARB bushes can cause front end knocking - often just need lubricating.

Kinda sounded like a clunking when running over small bumps, as if something metal was knocking against something else. Once the car had warmed up a bit later one during my drive it seemed to stop. Is that a back to the dealer thing?

Pipe is normal, battery breather.

knock is likely to be arb bushes. It could also be drop links.  Both are items that wear. The arb bushes have been changed over the years for supposedly upgraded ones. They still wear. Fortunately the parts are cheap enough but it is an hour or two of labour time to change them. Yes to dealer checking them out to confirm which need changing. If it is the arb bushes, make sure the garage know to grease the bushes on fitting , with the correct grease.

Thanks @bruss I'll keep an eye out the next few mornings and get it back to the dealer if it persists. :)