free hit
counters
1975 Lotus Elite renovation - Page 5 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
steve clack

1975 Lotus Elite renovation

Here's a question: are there more men that have walked on the surface of the moon than have taken out the radiator and air conditioning unit, out of a Lotus Elite....Second question: which was more complicated...

Anybody done either, let me know. And you don't count if you have sawn the front off the car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Steve 

There 4 bolts, 2 at bottom of the radiator which are removable underneath the car. There 2 at the top on a bracket attached to the light pod fixings.

Remove them and the radiator and aircon rad come out together through the engine bay.

No need for NASA or Elon. Lol

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Simon,

It was not that easy, the two bolts on the bottom, one came off the other stayed put. The top radiator hose was fowling the body, cables, vacuum hoses etc, the bottom brass radiator tube was fowling the body, the sides of the radiator were fowling the body. The radiator was too big to come out, I had to practically rip it out. It took nearly two hours to get it out.....

• Like 1

I remember this problem. From memory there is only one way in and one way out so I hope you made a note of it... 

I pulled mine out from the top but that's because it was junk anyway. There was no way it was going in from the top, so up from the bottom it went. Easy peasy. (Compared to the top anyway) I should've pulled it out that way! 

I got mine out leaving the AC condenser still in place. Some of the bolts were a pain to access but nothing that couldn't be handled.

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150