free hit
counters
TLF Trackday? - Page 5 - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

5 minutes ago, LF1 said:

Interesting about Zandy, I popped the drive by in my LF1 with the original exhaust there.

I was short shifting all day, the driveby at Zandvoort is 88dB :lol:

Then on my final session, I kept foot in to blitz it and got 98dB :lol:

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a lot of stuff here is, or has, gotten blown out of all proportion and hopefully we can get the TLF Track Day off the ground. I do think it would be a superb event and EVERYONE would enjoy it,

Funny that people want a trackday with just Lotus, I guess they're scared of being beaten by those expensive Porsches 🤔

There is one thing which is absolutely consistent in every thread that descends into chaos on this board. I don't need to say what it is. 

Posted Images

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

5 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

Croft, not done and think it's a bit far from Colchester but if there was a guarantee of no noise issues I could work with it.

You should definitely try it, It's a great track for all experience levels alike.

Its a very good venue for trackdays imo, there are loads of places to over take slower cars/allow faster cars to overtake you without holding either party up too much. It flows nicely with all skill levels on track at once. 

I said Croft as it is middle ground for the members on here that are way up in the north of Scotland. Its at least an hour and a half further south still once youre at the borders...  

Donington is another 2 hrs south of Croft for most on here yes. However it will be far more expensive to hire it needing a bigger number of people onboard to make it the same cost as one of the lesser tracks. Being a club day, you need to make it as cost friendly as you can allowing members with smaller budgets to attend and be a part of it, the main goal is to fill it with TLFer's and not have too look for others to fill the day. TLF has a fantastically wide range of Lotus cars in the members garages, it would be great to get as many different types out on track as possible and cost/location is the key.

• Like 1

Croft would probably be too far away for me :( Blyton would probably be about the furthest I'd go in my Esprit for a track day.

The members map shows where the majority of members are: https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/membermap/, so somewhere between London & Birmingham - closer to the latter would be the most convenient for the majority of members.

See this is where the mentality needs to change a little...

the VX gang are “mostly” southern and we’re good for travelling for a “national” weekend. I’ve got a 5.5hr journey to Anglesey and I’ve done the same to Croft in the past.

45 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

I said Croft as it is middle ground for the members on here that are way up in the north of Scotland. Its at least an hour and a half further south still once youre at the borders...  

It might be worth looking at the Members Map for all of the interested TLFers. I suspect that there will be far more members based in south than the very few who are based in Northern Jockland. 

Any potential track choices should probably be weighted accordingly. 

Edited to add: Ah, I should’ve probably read Chris’s post before posting mine. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Any potential track choices should probably be weighted accordingly. 

Yeah fook it. Just stay down sarf in case you get infected travelling north of Watford.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

We can have more than 1 trackday, 1 down south and 1 up north. It's not illegal. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

To be honest @Bibs the southern centricity has put me off and I just cannot be arsed. As Duncan would say, I'm oot.

Maybe at some point we'll get a more considerate and balanced view. I'll hold my breath.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

George, your post has been removed. If you've got an issue, contact me directly. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well look here - I leave these forums for a few months, and the whole lot of you decend into chaos. 

I also see a number of active contributors 'nuked' in the forum status/rank, because of their opinions - which underpin the whole purpose of community forums. Otherwise we might as well just have a news section to post in with comments turned off.

So I have a solution - a simple question. To which I say, what would Jesus do? *puts on a deep american voice*

When love is the way, the earth will be a sanctuary. When love is the way, we will lay down our marques and 0-60s, down by the chevrons, to study speed no more. When love is the way, there's plenty good room - plenty good room - for all of God's overtakers. Because when love is the way, we actually treat each other, well... like we are actually family.

Stop with the infighting children, or else i'll ram more ******* religion down your throats. 

Catch you in a few months. 

• Like 2

Thanks Tom, praise the Lord! 

Back on topic please folks, any other posts will be removed as they are irrelevant to this thread. Brij is putting a lot of time and effort into arranging a nice, fun trackday for us all so please let him carry on with it :)

Evora NA

Nothing from LoT yet. They do say 24hrs respond time.

Thanks for the PM's with recommendations for other ATDO's. 

Whilst we're waiting for info I quite like the idea of Hethel... what do you think? 

Brij, I don't see why not. It make a lot of sense as a venue for a TLF event and is a decent jaunt out the way for southerners and northerners alike. I need to get back there after my April date there got cancelled, anyway.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, auRouge said:

Nothing from LoT yet. They do say 24hrs respond time.

I'd imagine Paul is still on his way back from the LCE race at Paul Ricard this weekend, I'm sure he'll be in touch soon mate :) 

• Like 2

Evora NA

7 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

is a decent jaunt out the way for southerners and northerners alike. 

This was my thinking and I'm sure the noise thing isn't going to be an issue for the 400's et al... Its appropriate and appears to be one of the cheaper days too.

• Like 1

As above, the day that Gav @TheKevlarKidorganised for the Exiges guys a few years ago was at Hethel. Went really well, he also got Martin Donnelly along as the instructor, sandwich lunch was provided and LoT membership for a year included.  No complaints on the price either. Personally it’s very easy for me to get to so I’d be keen, and Hethel is basically a weekend venue as well so don’t even need to take a day off!

no idea what has gone on overnight here though!

• Like 1