free hit
counters
TLF Trackday? - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
auRouge

TLF Trackday?

Hi,

Anyone up for a TLF members trackday?

https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/car-track-days/

@Bibs and I have been chatting about it.. I did the B & C day last week, it was brilliant. Great track that suits all Lotus models.

Idea is to bring together some Forum members for a trackday and then a beer at a local pub (wait for rush hour to pass) and talk cars :)

Info:-

1. This is a public trackday, not Lotus exclusive. Up to 80 cars on the day possibly including racing cars and testing.

2. Noise is limited to 100dB 

3. If twenty or more of us from TLF book we can get a group discount (£150 for the day instead of £180). This will be organised by me or Bibs. 

4. No more than 20 cars on track at a time so it won't be wacky races! 

5. Passing is on the right (because of the exit lane)

6. They have public liability and are an approved trackday. You can get trackday insurance individually if you want. It's at your own risk otherwise. TLF holds no responsibility and is simply bringing a group of likeminded owners together. 

7. Getting refunds if you change your mind... errr no, unless you find a replacement.

• Once a Track Day date is booked we are unable to accept cancellations or requests for refunds. However if the nominated driver is unable to attend, a replacement driver can enjoy the day, provided they arrive at the appointed time. Any change of date after confirmation is subject to a £20.00 administration fee.

8. T's & C's https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/terms/

Please add your name down below if you're interested and let's see what the numbers are like... if we can organise something we will or if the numbers are below 20 then we can book individually and see you there 😉

Please note your interest by the 27th May (and don't book anything directly yet, we need to book as a group to get the discount). 

Who's in? (Photo from last week!) 

1. auRouge - Clark Type 25 Elise SC

IMG_6962.JPG

IMG_7118.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’m definitely interested in TLF trackdays but, unfortunately, can’t make the 29th. ☹️

I think that @alias23 is keen (and it’s his local track). :thumbup:

(I’ve also taken the liberty of amending the thread title. I hope that you don’t mind. :blush:)

• Like 2

Will check the booking secretary in the morning 🙏

• Like 1

Only here once

10 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

(I’ve also taken the liberty of amending the thread title. I hope that you don’t mind. :blush:)

Not at all, that's great.. looks official👍🏼 I often do posts on the move walking through the terminal, on the shuttle or on the bus before boarding!! therefore distracted with little time.. any help from anyone on how to make this happen is  welcome 😉 

Really like Castle Combe.

Really like the idea of a TLF trackday.

Great price.

No chance of getting any of the new cars there with 100db unfortunately.

I'd be prepared to pay more for a 105db day.

• Like 1

^^^^^ What he said unless I buy something quieter in the meantime. Anyway Jonny the CSR must have been quiet enough for this?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Or maybe those with the ‘new’ cars pay an additional surcharge so those that do have track friendly cars aren’t penalised... maybe they can invoice Lotus Group for the expense!

www.alias23.com

34 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I'd be prepared to pay more for a 105db day.

They only do 105dB on Thursdays... I'm waiting for a callback this morning to see if it's possible to rent the circuit on a Thursday.. Maybe we organise a private trackday for TLF only one day?!

If we could get it for £6k and at least 20 of us want to go then £300 each doesn't sound too bad ehh? 

@Bibs and the moderators... thoughts? 

At £180 on the 29th... that's a bargain.

• Like 1

Me too for a noisier TLF day.

Trevor.

• Like 1

7. Getting refunds if you change your mind... errr no, unless you find a replacement.

This will be critical. People will need to commit upfront if it's going to work. You'll be amazed how flakey people can be (or perhaps not!) when there's a chance of getting their money back.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in a private Lotus only track day - although not this year (unless at the weekend) as I'm changing jobs next week, and will have no holiday left.

Surrey Club Lotus started their trackday at Goodwood in the late 80s with 20 cars @ £50 a car. Worked really well, as much time as you liked, very friendly as you either knew or got to know everyone on the day. I went on the 2nd B&C track day :@ Goodwood, similar numbers/format, and again worked well. The up to 80 cars and no more than 20 on circuit would definately put me off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auRouge said:

£6k

+ VAT?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

+ VAT?

Fekking VAT. :rant:

I won't get on a 100DB day but on a private day at 105 I'd be pretty keen, especially if a TDO were still able to put their name to it such that it would still be insurable. I should think @Gm77 would be up for it as well, although his 400 is ridiculously loud and would've been booted off Silverstone last year if it had gone out again...

• Like 1

Let’s have a show of hands as i doubt we will get anywhere near 40 from TLF and may struggle with 20. In part this is because there’s less than 20 regular track day goers and then bound to be dates that just don’t work for many. Not trying to put a damnper on things as I’m keen as mustard but it’s just the way of things and better not to start down a road of disappointment. Bell &Colvill didn’t get a great  uptake the other day.

1. Au Rouge

2.Trevsked

3. Sleeper

4. The Pitts

5. Bibs

6. 550 Superfast

7. ChrisJ

8.  Arrykearley

9. Alias23

10.  Bravo73

11. Bassman

Add your name and copy and paste as you go please.

Trevor.

Would love to join the fun but I’d be kicked off pretty quickly. Silverstone measured me at 106db on the drive by with a standard exhaust.

Greg

• Like 1

Is this 100 or 105db - I’m now confused and a little concerned I’d be able to achieve  either

Only here once

Sorry guys but £300 isn’t for me... also it would need to be ATDO regulate for my insurance. I would have thought I’m not the only one on the later point.

www.alias23.com

IF you can get enough commitment then speak to a Paul @ LoT and he may take it on for you.

they did it for Anglesey for the VX gang. We have a Saturday date (June16th) and have all the benefits of a proper TDO which satisfies insurance.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel