free hit
counters
Hello from Fife - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello from Fife

Hello all,

Finally getting round to saying hello, I’m the proud owner of an Esprit SE. I’ve had a few sports cars over the years but this has always been my dream car. It been an absolute delight owning and driving my childhood hero and I’m looking forward to attending some of the local meets over the summer (depending on my shifts) and getting to know a few of you and seeing your cars.

Luke

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to TLF Luke, please feel free to post some pics of your SE :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

congrats and welcome........

as Bibs says.....pics please.....we do like a good pic...

:thumbsup:

:welcome:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Welcome, love the SE, don't see enough about these days, it's become a very rare car for whatever reason.

What's the story of yours?

2 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Welcome, love the SE, don't see enough about these days, it's become a very rare car for whatever reason.

What's the story of yours?

I bought the car from a dealer in Kent at the start of last year. On the drive home it suffered a catastrophic gearbox malfunction. The car then spent most of last summer in PMSC’s getting a replacement gearbox and a load of other bits sorted/replaced. It resulting in an eye watering bill which was thankfully covered by the warranty supplied with the dealer. It then spent the winter in my Garage hibernating and has reasently just come out to play with the better warmer weather 😎

Horrendous start to ownership but not too surprised if it's the same dealer as I'm thinking of. However I am surprised that they honoured the warranty! Hope it's all plain sailing from here.

Not the best start to ownership I agree but not the worst thing that has ever happened as when I collected the car it’s driving so much better. New gearbox, clutch and rebuilt gear linkages at both ends to name some of the work done.. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

Great to see another Esprit here in sunny Fife. I was in Dalgety Bay for 20 years, now in Kirkcaldy. Whereabouts are you? Head over to the LEGS regional group and register for updates. We have a run out first Sunday of the month. June is Petite Paris in the Grassmarket for breakfast if you can make it.

I'm often in the Bay as my daughter lives there. Maybe our paths will cross again - we met out by Aberdour the other day....

And if you are looking for advice or help, give me a shout. I've had mine 10 years so am familiar with the quirks, although it is a V8.

Thanks, I’ve signed up for updates on the LEGS page already, not sure if i’ll make the the June meet though, just need to see what happens with work but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

I’m in the newish housing development off Eastern Access Road, you’re more than welcome to stop by for a coffee/tea and chat about cars if your passing by.

I must admit I think I’ve spotted your car before in Asda and admired it, looks gorgeous in Black.

A genuine Highwing is a lovely thing to behold! Personally I love them! But I am a wing enthusiast :) 

Welcome to TLF especially with such a stunning car. Wish I had never sold my Esprit S4 but then I wish I had never sold any of my Lotus's! Ho hum! never mind! Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask a Mod, its why we are here :) 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome to TLF Luke. :welcome: 

An SE was the first Esprit that I actually saw in the flesh in Perth WA (Australia). I have actually never seen a high wing in the flesh. You've certainly got the bestest colour though. :D 

Any questions or issue with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.