free hit
counters
Cup 250 Specification and Colour - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Cup 250 Specification and Colour

JG220

I think I have a set specification now for an Elise Cup 250

Full carpet 
Floor mats
Leather trimmed vents
Leather sill cover (option list has alcantara but I believe it’s a no cost change)
HT to replace ST
Metallic paint 
Red calipers (depending upon colour)
AC
Sound insulation 
Cruise 

I also want the bonnet, roof, roll hoop, bottled, spoiler (and end plate, but not uprights) and rear valance colour coded, because i'm just not a fan of Matte Black. 

And so it leaves me with the colour. I just can't decide. Thought i wanted Essex blue:
380sport01.JPG
But there is another blue one just down the road from me... :D

really quite like metallic white at the moment
image6_1.jpg

Think the is metallic Grey - looks great
FQ8A8616.a1.jpg

I'm fairly sure that this is New Racing Green and it looks great
410side2crop.jpg?resize=600%2C392&ssl=1

I like toxic but it is dear and i think it would annoy me after a bit. Motorsport Green is a bit too dark for me. 

Help!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Similar spec as my 250 apart from the colour coding which I agree with you, not a big fan of the Matte black, looks stunning in Carbon, but expensive and i think Essex Blue could be good, never seen one in that colour.

Metallic white would look ace in my opinion, nice contrast with the black aero kit. I also agree about deleting the matte black body parts - it looks much better.

Are you sure you want to remove the option of going topless? It adds another dimension when the sun is shining.

Silver wheels?

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 minute ago, 2GOOD said:

If he’s ruling out blue because someone just down the road has one...😀

Who’s that then? :lol:

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

10 hours ago, Neal H said:

Metallic white would look ace in my opinion, nice contrast with the black aero kit. I also agree about deleting the matte black body parts - it looks much better.

Are you sure you want to remove the option of going topless? It adds another dimension when the sun is shining.

I have a VX220 as well, which shares the same roof. I think the car comes with the fittings for the central bars regardless (unlike the exige which deletes the rear ones)

Could go silver on the wheels, but the 250 forged wheels look better black IMO whereas the 220's new forged wheels look better silver. 

Colour is a big problem though. 

I must not forget to do get the mirrors done too. 

They’ll always be on road trips together.

On 19/05/2018 at 08:51, JG220 said:

Could go silver on the wheels, but the 250 forged wheels look better black IMO whereas the 220's new forged wheels look better silver. 

Colour is a big problem though. 

Blue looks :thumbup: but black wheels are a :popo:

I do agree on your thought about Matt black bits though

Even less point in keeping the VX now though :sofa:

On 18/05/2018 at 20:19, JG220 said:

I like toxic but it is dear and i think it would annoy me after a bit. Motorsport Green is a bit too dark for me. 

Help!

Have you seen Vivid Green? Its like a mix between motorsport and toxic IMO ( Check the link for a few pics ) 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/exige-cup-430-exclusive-vivid-green/8667481

The colour pricing is a bit challenging. Not sure when it changed. Basic metallic is £875 and signature and pearl are all north of £2,000. On an already quite expensive Elise with a price tag which starts with a 5, I feel that’s quite rich.

Id really like Essex or Persian and so the only real alternative is to start removing options (but that would be most of them).

Having had two persian blue sprints and now an essex 400, I feel I am well qualified to opine..... persian blue. Plus gold wheels. 

Chocolate Brown, Black Vinyl roof and Grey Velour interior.

11 hours ago, JG220 said:

You’ll have to wait and see. I can’t bloody wait.😃

In time for the National?

Surely you’re not going to be putting all that mileage on the VX by driving it all the way to Anglesey :P

He won’t be there, his wife double booked him for a wedding. Sore point I think :lol:

4 hours ago, CocoPops said:

He won’t be there, his wife double booked him for a wedding. Sore point I think :lol:

Ooooops! :wub:,

That’s the weakest excuse I’ve heard for not wanting to put 600 miles on the prized possession  :driving::driving:

See you at the Frolic @JG220 (or part of it) :thumbup: