Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Federalizing the 410/430 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Federalizing the 410/430

Ccd

Since the Evora 400 was designed to pass US regulations,  I was wondering what it would take to import a 430 and make it US compliant?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Your easiest route would be buy a 400 and add the bits you want. It won't be exactly the same but it will be nearly there.

As pete says though, pricey!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

According to some dealers on Lotustalk they are supposed to get the first 430s later this year (fall 2018?)... Which could also mean (winter or spring 2019).  I think the delay is connected to the size of the staff and the lengthy homologation process. I wonder if they have to crash test those bumpers.

The other solution as James said it to get 400 or better a get 410, buy the bumpers from Win Ace and a Komotec 430 kit and voila. 

It is down to patience or money. 

Edited by NedaSay

• Gold FFM

From memory I think the US spec 410 was the same engine map as the 400 anyway wasn't it? Quite a few differences with ours - seats, possibly even door cards if I remember correctly

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Was aware of airbag requirement, but wouldn’t US compliant seats address that issue?  Aside from seats, I’m not sure what else would be required

North America  is still waiting ...  I assume the cars will come the with Carbon SPC seats as standard and would likely keep the 400 doorcard so that is clearly not the issue however could a change  of material warrant a crash test? However the EPA may need to re-homologate the engine even though it is the same it might be in a different emission brackets.    

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Lotus does not do a very good job of communicating their North American strategy.  My understanding from here is that the 410 for homologation reasons will have 400 hp.  Not a huge deal, but were I not on this forum, I would never know that.  The 410 is listed on the US website, but I see little evidence that the cars have actually reached our shores unless all of these were pre-sold.  And of course, pricing info is absent from the US Lotus website. The first Evora 400s in MY2018 apparently featured the CF rear clamshell, but again, there was nothing about this on the website.

Homologation costs may force a change in product offerings in the US for the 410/430, it would just be nice to know what to expect.  

On 22/05/2018 at 09:17, JayEmm said:

From memory I think the US spec 410 was the same engine map as the 400 anyway wasn't it?

11 minutes ago, Ccd said:

My understanding from here is that the 410 for homologation reasons will have 400 hp.

I hate to break it to you but all 410s have the same engine, ECU and mapping as the 400. So, the good news is that the US cars aren’t actually derated. 

On 23/05/2018 at 10:16, Ccd said:

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Lotus does not do a very good job of communicating their North American strategy.  My understanding from here is that the 410 for homologation reasons will have 400 hp.  Not a huge deal, but were I not on this forum, I would never know that.  The 410 is listed on the US website, but I see little evidence that the cars have actually reached our shores unless all of these were pre-sold.  And of course, pricing info is absent from the US Lotus website. The first Evora 400s in MY2018 apparently featured the CF rear clamshell, but again, there was nothing about this on the website.

Homologation costs may force a change in product offerings in the US for the 410/430, it would just be nice to know what to expect.  

Will??? We have had our 410's on the street since August.  Engine uses the same tune as the 400

On 22/05/2018 at 08:53, Ccd said:

Was aware of airbag requirement, but wouldn’t US compliant seats address that issue?  Aside from seats, I’m not sure what else would be required

Our US interior is the same as the 400's .. Changing a protrusion  (a knob, resin hand crack windows moved to the sunset .. too expensive to test) that has any chance of being hit by a passenger triggered the need for a new crash test.