free hit
counters
430 Cup Owners Question - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The exige 410 sport does away with the rubber bumper and only retains the carbon lip. So that is an option i guess if u go to that route.

Surely better to scuff the cheap to replace rubber lip than start scuffing the carbon splitter? I think that’s the primary job of the rubber lip and would prefer that the Evora GT430 has something similar. Fortunately ground clearance is generally good on the Evora but the replacement cost is very high for any of us these carbon parts.

Absolutely stunning car by the way!

It’s a similar lip on my 380 and is a nuisance.  

But catching it does remind you to go careful which is probably better than catching the Carbon splitter

By the way what colour is your 430

I'd just scuff the rubber, that's what it's there for

53 minutes ago, Tex said:

It’s a similar lip on my 380 and is a nuisance.  

But catching it does remind you to go careful which is probably better than catching the Carbon splitter

By the way what colour is your 430

Kawasaki Green

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Surely better to scuff the cheap to replace rubber lip than start scuffing the carbon splitter? I think that’s the primary job of the rubber lip and would prefer that the Evora GT430 has something similar. Fortunately ground clearance is generally good on the Evora but the replacement cost is very high for any of us these carbon parts.

Challenge is that the car is currently too low with the rubber lip at 88 mm ground clearance.  I could raise the ride height as there is adjustment in the suspension, but then the car would  probably start to get too high, the base of the splitter is already at 125 mm which is quite high for a Exige. I used to run my old Exige at 110 mm ground clearance...

best colour... :)

1 hour ago, Martin Duursma said:

Kawasaki Green

Yes I thought it was, same colour as mine and Marks.  A Ninja colour !!!!

I do like the Metallic Vivid Green 

The rubber lip reduces clearance and may cause damage to CF when it compresses in full and has no where else to go but the CF to fracture?

Edited by SFO

@SFO In the way you describe it at least you have some safety threshold before you get to the carbon. As opposed to a direct impact with no warning with the rubber off.

Edited by BAS

2 hours ago, Tex said:

Yes I thought it was, same colour as mine and Marks.  A Ninja colour !!!!

I do like the Metallic Vivid Green 

Don't Ninjas wear black?

• Haha 1

Agree with the others here, don’t even think about raising the ride height, the rubber’s there to protect the carbon splitter, I’d let it do it’s job.

What might help is finding out the price of that splitter. If a carbon instrument binnacle top is £1000 you can bet that a new splitter will be at least twice that. Time to be thankful for protective rubber trim!

£2491.13 according to DeRoure! 🤑

I’d be leaving the rubber on. Early warning system.

Bingo!

On 20/05/2018 at 13:50, The Pits said:

yup, i've scuffed the rubber like crazy on my cup it's also gotten loose and i've had to restick it. so far it's been saving my carbon lip from getting scratched more than anything else.

On 20/05/2018 at 19:46, KJD said:

£2491.13 according to DeRoure! 🤑

I’d be leaving the rubber on. Early warning system.

no fucking way?! for the front lip? thats insane. 

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

no fucking way?! for the front lip? thats insane. 

That’s for the carbon splitter.

The rubber lip is a bargain £221.55.

That almost makes it a consumable.

• Like 1

Beautiful color, beautiful machine ... there is nothing else to say ... :thumbup:

Leave it, leave it and you'll see how many times you'll say ... " luckily, first there's this rubber edge that protects me ... "

Problem solved, have removed the rubber lip, just undo all the screws, some double sided tape was left that was easy to pull the rubber lip away from. Now just have a strip of tape underneath for some protection. Ground clearance is now reasonable and can get in and out of my driveway again and most importantly can get into the petrol station, as the car loses some of its fun factor when there is no go juice in the tank...

I have bought a rubber lip for mine, but it’s only 25mm deep. Cost me significantly less than £220... 

£220 for a rubber lip FFS Lotus! I was able to find a supplier for significantly less and been very happy with my solution. 

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

£220 for a rubber lip FFS Lotus! I was able to find a supplier for significantly less and been very happy with my solution. 

What did you use?

7 hours ago, MrP_ said:

What did you use?

It’s in my build thread ;)

@GFWilliams is using the same setup I used. I have a cars worth of lip still available if anyone is interested.

• Thanks 1