Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SuedeTex - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

Hi everyone, looking at potentially joining the happy Evora-owners club. 😉

I've decided on a post-2012 car, ideally a Sports Racer (still not sure if I need the S, but I do like to be able to over-take).

There is a car I'm interested in that ticks a lot of boxes, but it has the Premium SuedeTex pack, which is a shame, as it's a long way from me.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what exactly Suedetex is? Is it like alcantara, or something? Does anyone have any experience of Suedetex durability?

Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it’s just like alcantara. People often confuse the two.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

SuedeTex is meant to be lighter and harder wearing that Alcantara, that's what was in the sales gumf at the time. 

48 minutes ago, PAR said:

Alcantara is approved by cows throughout the world! :rofl:

:lol:

(Just sayin', but Suede usually comes from lambs!). 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

13 minutes ago, Bibs said:

SuedeTex is meant to be lighter and harder wearing that Alcantara, that's what was in the sales gumf at the time. 

:lol:

(Just sayin', but Suede usually comes from lambs!). 

Probably why cows worldwide give their approval 🐄

If you're after a sports racer then suedetex was standard on all of them as far as I'm aware, used on the dash, centre console and door trims but not the seats so it's not in areas that are particularly subject to wear and not really an issue I'd have thought.

Alcantara is a brand. I would say it is probably the same as Suedetex as it is a synthetic material used as a replacement for leather.

I think the Sports Racer interior is the best of any Evora! The great mix of leather and 'Suedetex/Alcantara' makes it feel a very special and cosy place to be. 😎

If you like the sound of the car, definitely worth the drive. BTW, the N/A is pretty rapid at overtaking as well.  

20 hours ago, PAR said:

Alcantara is a brand. I would say it is probably the same as Suedetex as it is a synthetic material used as a replacement for leather.

They are both a brand ffs.

When I was upgrading my S1 NA interior I went to the Experts Allon White and asked their advice re Suedetex or Alcantara. I ended up with Alcantara so enough said.

As stated earlier the Sports Racer came with the Premium Sport Interior which was leather seat facings and Suedetex on dash and lower door cards.

A very very small number may have had the Premium (all) leather interior.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.