Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
410 questions - Page 6 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

410 questions

bosshog

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I haven't read every post (yes, I know I should have) but if we have taken 6 pages for Wayne's ( @bosshog ) first question, 410 questions is going to be an awwwwwwwfuly long thread. :getmecoat: 

And if I am not wrong, at one question every 2 months, about 68 years. :shock: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

I was waiting for that one Bibs. These are more public service you should be paying me to advertise them ;)

Of course mate. You'd not want me popping along and just helping myself to a set for free though! £2/month for a full account and you'd get away with something like that, you'd not need a full advertising status. Fair's fair, we're both running businesses. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to double press the boot unlock, with a slight delay between first and second presses

I thought I was needing to do it twice but I think it is more about the speed in which you do it. Two slow presses and it should open first time. I seemed to be able to open the boot on my S1 with two quick presses but the 410 is different.

Mine does this when it’s cold. I think it’s an alignment problem as it’s only been a problem since I had some work done which involved the removal of the engine bay cover. With the hot weather we’re having, it has stopped being a problem due, I suspect, to expansion somewhere. I’m having it looked at on the next service.

Greg

Sounds similar, the actuator/release fires but the boot won't open until I do it again and then it (mostly) opens. 

I have a few things I need to get looked at it seems and add it to the list.

Not sure if it's the same internal mechanism on the later cars as the S1 but it's a load of crap. 

Certainly the one on the S1 is all held together by a spring clip/washer that simply pushes over the end of a small bar that holds both release levers (one lever for the main release, the other for the emergency). If that spring clip starts to slide back down the bar the two levers are left with an enormous amount of play that can result in them not making contact with the release mechanism on the engine cover. This is the main reason why the emergency release can be so temperamental. 

I've been locked out of the boot twice now, once with a dead battery where the emergency release didn't work at all and one where both the levers weren't making the right contact.

Ended up stripping it down and threading the end of the small bar so you can use a nyloc nut instead of the stupid spring clip to hold it all tightly together so the levers work in the plane there suppose to an not deflect awya form the catch on the boot lid. I also had to bend the end of the lever so it made better contact with the mech on the bootlid by using some paper masking tape on the levers so I could see where the contact point between the two was. It was terribly aligned. Just kept bending it out more and more til it hit it right. 

Both the main boot release and the emergency release now work perfectly everytime. What a shit design!

Edited by TheKevlarKid