free hit
counters
Hello from Derbyshire! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello from Derbyshire!

tann2k

Hi guys, 

I'm currently looking for an s2 exige s. 

If anyone is selling please get in touch, any tips on what to look for etc are also greatly appreciated ! 

Thank

will

Edited by tann2k

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TLF Will. :welcome:

I'm sure other swill be along that may be selling. You can also look in here. You will need to register though as it is a separate system from TLF. There is also an automatic feed that comes into TLF from eBay.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Welcome :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome Will. Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask a Mod.

There is loads of info all over the forum, but looking at the Exige technical thread may scare you. As an "ex S2 S" owner I can tell you it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. Only reason I sold it was a bad back and getting in and out became difficult.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks for the helpful responses!

I'll bear that in mind Kimbers, I have heard one or two horror stories already  😕😂

This may be a longgg shot but have any of you owned or know a previous owner of the 240R number 015, I may be going to view it this weekend !

Thanks 

Will, can I recommend posting it in the Exige chat section, you may get more response than here, people mostly just say hi here.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/257-elise-exige-chat/

Whenever I say I have a Lotus people love to give me horror stories "they have heard", lots of Trouble usually serious and all that crap. Totally false. The majority of modern Lotus's is Toyota and quality parts. Lotus make very little for their own cars these days, purely and simply put, due to the cost of development and getting the parts reliable. Lotus's also suffer from that thing where they are reasonably priced for the performance. This means some people can afford them instead of their dream Ferrari or Aston Martin etc. However, being a performance car they still have to be regularly maintained or they will fail. So people can afford them but struggle to keep them maintained and this is where some of the horror stories happen.

Recommendations for what to look at therefore is simple. Full Service history, plain and simple. Lots of kept invoices to prove this as well. Good tyre depth and just little things that prove its been looked after. "Its my pride and joy and been garaged all her life" is a good one to hear! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)