free hit
counters
Stiffer engine mounts - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GFWilliams

Stiffer engine mounts

Anyone know where I can get some?  Plenty of options for older Lotus, but I've not seen any available for the V6, and it would be nice to upgrade.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I only know of innovative engine mounts. https://innovativemounts.com/products/2012-lotus-exige-s-v6-replacement-engine-mount-kit-3-5l-v6

The S2 even in standard tune was like a jumping bean, with a Komotec kit it practically joined me in the cabin then ran away again. The v6 less so but there are more engine mounts 

I’d be very interested to hear how people got on with these. 

Engine movement is far less than on the s2, but these stiffer mounts should reduce engine movement still and could improve gear change precision. 

Downside would be vibration at low rpm and ide in traffic.

Three different levels of stiffness to choose from too. 

For your usage, George, I would definitely take heed of Gary's point above, in that there will be a trade-off in NVH. I've driven a S2 with different mounts and the throttle  tip-in / tip/out behaviour was markedly different to standard (for the better), but wow did things shake at idle.

There was wear on my cat from where the engine has been moving back and forth so much, considering I've been running with a very loud exhaust for quite a while, I'm not afraid of the car being extreme.  I'm thinking for later this year as if I bring my car back from Spain it will become more of a track cay car I think...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Anyone know where I can get some?  Plenty of options for older Lotus, but I've not seen any available for the V6, and it would be nice to upgrade.

Daniel had some in his shop a while back. Maybe ask him.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

On 29/05/2018 at 06:34, MrP_ said:

I only know of innovative engine mounts. https://innovativemounts.com/products/2012-lotus-exige-s-v6-replacement-engine-mount-kit-3-5l-v6

The S2 even in standard tune was like a jumping bean, with a Komotec kit it practically joined me in the cabin then ran away again. The v6 less so but there are more engine mounts 

Anyone know if these would fit 410/430?  I noticed the factory part numbers are different between 350 and 410/430

I fitted the innovative engine mounts on my 380 cup and when they arrived the Lotus dealer noticed that as suggested that only the front and rear would fit but not the left and right as the OEM parts are different than on the older exige v6

I think you can order them individually from innovative and I bought them in 75A stiffness

With the front and rear innovative 75A and of course left and right std ones I could feel slightly more vibration at idle when just fitted and a slight better throttle response and shifting but after a few days I would not notice anymore the slight idle vibration so maybe they just settle and also you get used to it

Depending of what you do with the car I think maybe even a little stiffer as 85A can be ok or better

Komotec suggested that they had some problems with them but don t know if marketing or quality and I think someone posted about one of them getting damaged in not so long time

I did not look at them in my 380 cup but I had the engine out at a Lotus well known tuner and he did not notice any damage with them

Front and rear should be the same parts for the 410 430

Of course Lotus oem left and right ones ugraded desing is probably better and stiffer than the older design so not a problem to keep them standard

I think that it s for sure not an easy work to fit them and oem ones of 380 430 etc are already ok but stiffer might be of some improvement on track so It s a non essential but good mod

But on an older exige s2 ( and maybe older v6 ) they really improve a lot

Edited by Maxi_z
  • Like 1